All American Bandstand sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

breyfarm

Im not in any way putting anybody down, I just want to know the intentions of putting 100 dollar semen(monopoly) into brahman, brangus, and simbrah cows. And if the owner of these cattle are on here Id love to know...I mean aren't these breeds worth more purebred?

dimebag

He could be doing ET work .. a good american calf can bring lots of money here in Texas .

rackranch

They are more than likely trying to make show steers that will class American.  I would venture to say that there are very few purebred breed champion Americans at any of the Texas Majors.  The only ones that would be worth more purebred would be the heifers.  On the commercial side of things you could use him to frame down and and power up some of the breeds you mentioned which in turn could get you better weaning weights and more per pound in the sale barn.  Its easier for feed lots to finish out a moderate framed calf as opposed to a framed up one. JMO

<cowboy>

easttex

DBL J1 said:
He could be doing ET work .. a good american calf can bring lots of money here in Texas .

I would have to agree. A GOOD American steer in Texas will bring top $$$$. If you have good one that will class you will have buyers lined up!

breyfarm

Thanks for the feedback..Now I know! and now learn to not be so clubby and purebred minded and that thier are other routes out there in cattle.