American Pride

Help Support Steer Planet:

cwbyup62

There has been a great deal of conversation on here lately about Simmental Bulls.  Here is a new one that is coming on the market.  The bull is called American Pride, he is a PB Simmental out of Upgrade and a Dream On X Drakes Cowboy daughter.  He has been tested homozygous black and polled and was moderate in his bw, I would have to look up the original number which we have, but he was unassisted and somewhere in the low 80's.  This is without a doubt the softest bellied, fullest flanked Simmental bull I have ever found.  He is tremendous on his feet and legs, particularly sound on his pasterns and hocks.  He is an April 2010 and froze flush quality semen last week, and we are using it this week.  This bull is loaded with performance, but has the ultra nice front end in him, so hopefully the bulls and heifers will both be usable.  American Pride has a great attitude, very quiet, and also does not have a curly hair on his body for those of you looking for the show cattle.  This bull is jointly owned by Janssen Farms and myself.  For any information you can contact Chris Janssen at 515-314-4771 or myself at 937-269-1871.  A video will be posted as soon as it is processed.

Mark Sneed

Attachments

• American Pride, Profile 2 steer planet sized.jpg
    American Pride, Profile 2 steer planet sized.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 682
  • American Pride Front three quarter  steer planet sized.jpg
    American Pride Front three quarter steer planet sized.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 647
  • American Pride Head Shot  steer planet sized.jpg
    American Pride Head Shot steer planet sized.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 344

WRS

Good looking bull, Mark.  What is his ASA number? I can't seem to find him in the database.

cwbyup62

The paperwork is all being done this week so at this time he is not in the data base, but should be soon.  I will post on here as soon as they are so that anyone interested can take a look at them. 

This bull is really something special.  I get to see a lot of cattle and all Simmental breeders continue to tell me that they have to find something different, softer and more commercial oriented and this bull is certainly that along with being exceptionally sound and docile. 

CAB

Mark do you happen to have a picture of his Dam and do you happen to know anything about the udder quality that may follow Upgrade? Thanks

cwbyup62

I do not have a picture of her yet, I just got her bought, and the plans are to picture and video if possible her in the next couple of weeks, at that time they will be posted.

Thanks

Mark

firesweepranch

Really nice looking bull Mark! Let us know when you get an ASA number, would love to look up his EDP's. Love his soft look, I have seval simm cows that look like they would cross nice on him! ;D

cwbyup62

Thank you, I appreciate all of the compliments.  The video should be done tomorrow.  Here is some more data on him for now, till we get the updated epd's.

Pedigree:  Upgrade X Dream On X Drake Cowboy
Reg number:  Pending
Birth Date:  April 2, 2010
Birth Wt:  81 LBs.
Adj ww:  826 lbs
Adj Yw:  1404 lbs
365 day Scrotal:  38.5 cm
365 day frame score  6.3
Freezing flush quality semen
Semen Price:  $50/unit
Semen Available:  Minimum purchase 10 units
Volume discounts available upon request

nobody

Why no sexed semen...I wish more Simmi breeders would do that. If he is that good we would sure buy some.

cwbyup62

Basically because this bull is just a yearling and just started producing last week.  I agree, sexed semen would be nice, but the bottom line is you need to establish production first and then decide what to do and which way to go with the sexed semen, whether it be male or female, and at this point I really have no idea of which one would be better.  I am quite sure this is a direction we will go in the future, but at the present time we just want to get him producing, be consistent in his production and fill the orders that have already came in.  When we decide to start packaging sexed, I will be sure to let everyone know.

Mark

cwbyup62

American Pride is now registered and his reg number is 2573743.

Two flushes were completed yesterday from the first semen collected on American Pride and I believe there were 54 eggs retreived, with 49 pregnants eggs, so the semen is of very good quality.  It is being shipped as ordered.  Contact Chris Janssen at 5153144771 to place orders.

Thanks

Mark Sneed

texas111

cant wait to see what he throws.  I would like to see what his daughters do.  Let us know what the offspring are doing.  When should the first calves hit the ground?

cwbyup62

Just an update on American Pride, we greatly appreciate the response that we have had to this young bull, especially considering that the true advertising is not out on him yet, but will be in the next Simmental Register and The Show Circuit.  He is freezing about 200 units per collection now and it is readily available for shipment, although it is going out about as fast as it is being frozen.  Still not bad for a bull under 380 days of age.  The current semen being shipped is working really well as almost all of it is being used in flushes and great results on the percentage of pregnant eggs is being reported to us.  Another report today of a flush in Iowa that was nearly entirely fertilized eggs.

Semen is being shipped on day of order right now if you are looking for some to flush or breed with.

And to answer the other question, the first embryos were put in last weeks, so in about nine months we will have the first ones on the ground out of him.

Mark Sneed

We are very proud to have raised this guy. We have sucess this past year as well raising the new Angus bull Journey. I cant wait to see what the set of bulls this year will turn out to be. Very excited there is so much intrest in him.

sizzler14

agreed, Id like to see some calf pics. What is he working on? Big Angus cows with middle or moderate clubbies that are shaggy?