Andis 5-speed clippers

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerjock07

i am considering getting a set of 5-speed clippers and was wanting to hear some input from people who own, or have used them. i know they are quite a bit lighter than the 2-speeds and go slightly faster, but im wondering if the lighter, smaller design, and 10% faster motor are worth the $50 extra bucks. plus are the 5 speeds a hassle with moving through them and figuring out which speed your in ? input is greatly appreciated!

rtmcc

I grabbed a set at state fair when helping a friend finish one up.  As far as the five speed part, high is all I need.  But the feel and balance was incredible compared to my maroon 2-speeds.  They really felt good!

Ron
<cowboy>

bcosu

they feel great. light weight and ergonomic shape make them easy to hold. the cord sucks on mine though. perpetually stiff. i don't mind the power converter box on the end it's just that when i swing the cord over my head it just slides instead of bending.

The Show

Their worth every dollar!! They feel great, and will make a set of 2 speeds feel like a brick in your hand. Dealing with the different speeds has never been a problem for me. If you every forget what speed your in you can just run it up(or down) and then count accordingly. I bought them not really caring about having 5 speeds just thinking I would always run them on high, but I have come to LOVE having 5 speeds. I use 5th speed for major clipping(heads, necks, etc...) and anything with glue. Depending on how thick the calves hair is you can use 3rd-4th for more detailed clipping and blending. Lastly I use 1st-2nd for running over the body knocking off long dead hairs. Although you can run through everything in high speed, learning to use the different speeds really helps save your blades. Blades get hot fast in 5th speed, but you can run them all day long in 1st with them just barely getting warm.

rjb

They are amazing but i have had to exchange 4 sets. Sent back 2 @ one show! Motor goes out on them. But sullivans will keep taking them back till andis gets the problem fixed

CHW

I like my 5 speeds too. However, I had motor issues too. Sullivan did replace them but it would be nice if they fixed the problem.

Till-Hill

Motor issues are we talking after 50 head or 500? I am looking into them for my next buy and am leaning towards them at the moment.

Latest posts