Andis Super 2 Speed -- Toast?

Help Support Steer Planet:

STEER_1981

My Andis Super 2 Speeds emitted smoke and a melting smell the last time that I used them.  Anyone know what might be going on here?  Are they worth fixing, or should I just purchase a new set?

GoWyo

There is a fellow in Pennsylvania who can tear them apart and will let you know if they are worth fixing.  Probably time for another set and if they can be repaired, then you will have 2 sets.  I have heard that electronic gadgets run on smoke and when the smoke escapes, the gadget isn't any good anymore  ;D

GoWyo

If the smoke comes from the case, crack the case apart and see if there is something inside obviously causing the problem and clean it out.  Might be something simple.  Parts are available online from various places.  I had one that I couldn't figure out and sent it to the guy in Penn.  He found a cracked armature and fixed them up for about $60.  Sent in some blades to be sharpened at the same time and total bill was about $85, so was well worth having them repaired.

BlazinA

The EdgePro in Ankeny, IA does a good job of repairing clippers and a wonderful job sharpening blades and their prices are very reasonable.  You can look up their number on the internet if you want to call them.  I know they do a lot of business through the mail.  The blades I have had sharpened there have always been done right.

Latest posts