Angus Bull: Coneally Lead On

Help Support Steer Planet:

Stihlpro

Anyone ever use him?  If so what are some strengths/weaknesses.

Bone2011

We used alot of him for two years. Some people got along very good with him. But here is what happened with us, we kept alot of the heifers as replacements, they bred very well and looked the part of being maternal type cattle, but they calved and this is where our problem started, they calved and just left the calf, they acted like they did not Even have one, they did not lick the calf off, nothing. Lets just say after about the 10Th lead on that did that they were all gone! That did a really good job of pissing me off. Not all of them did it but about 1/3 of them did. We figured that was a big enough part of them and just figured we would eliminate a problem so we sold all of them.

Torch

FWIW: Used him with good results. But we backgrounded all the calves steers or heifers.

Don't know if the bull was pushed as a cow maker.

Show Heifer

I used him a few years ago. His calves were very gentle... other than that, he was just another angus bull.

jbw

He bred different than I expected, bigger,  nice calves, pretty averave, BUT  if you need semen on him I will sell some REAL CHEAP....

Top Knot

Good on capacity, muscle (for an Angus), and disposition. Average calving ease. The heifers are plainer looking, not the pretty, feminine Angus female.