angus bulls style and the answer

Help Support Steer Planet:

RochholzFarms

for someone getting into the angus showing bussiness and looking for some good calves would the answer work good or would style work better i have already bred two heifers to the answer and i have one more to bred will u help me on which bull to breed to

thanks

Mill Iron A

Of the two go with Styles, the answer is really stiff in his hock so I guess if they have a lot of flex there you might be ok but I wouldn't risk it.

Mill Iron A

Its hard to not keep using northern improvement, he's really good. Ankonian Werner wildfire although probably not a heifer bull and haven't seen anything yet but BSAR Opportunity looks good.

CAB

Right now if you are serious about the Angus breed, you would almost have to consider Sitz Upward or his best sons. He's kicking the #s game.

GoWyo

We have a BSAR Opportunity bull calf out of a 1407 x EXT cow (DOB 4-1-2012).  He definitely has the growth indicated by his EPDs and his dam is a mediocre milker (enough for our resources).  Stout calf and good disposition.  Will keep him for a bull and use him next year as a yearling.  Like using Northern Improvement on anything that has any little structure issue as he seems to straighten them out and make them better.  BC Lookout is another one that we breed to and are using a Lookout son for clean up.

GoWyo

Mill Iron A -- He isn't a calf that you look at and say "wow," but he is a decent looking well-balanced 3-month old at this point.  Will try to find some batts with juice for the camera and get some pics.

Shadow Hill Farm

Mill Iron A said:
Of the two go with Styles, the answer is really stiff in his hock so I guess if they have a lot of flex there you might be ok but I wouldn't risk it.

I have to agree with The Answer  being stiff. We had a really good heifer last year that showed well and got Reserve Champion and her only fault was she was a little stiff (not that bad) in the hocks but other than that we were really pleased with this heifer for her thickness, muscle tone, length etc. You can go to our FB page and see pics of her. For show style I hear SAV Brilliance is really good too and we are using him for this breeding season on our cows and he is heifer safe. I know some him of his progeny have gotten champion at some of the big shows. There is another one that you may want to look at too. Style's calves I like too from what I have seen and usually do well in the ring. Good luck! cowboy  <beer>

Latest posts