Angus calving ease with style?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Dad

Mbar is getting very good looking cattle out of his SH heifers from Connealy Front Page. Real eye appeal.

If I were to recommend a RA bull for show appeal I'd spend the money and go with Mulberry. If you want to go in a slightly different direction go with Perks Advance 121R, he makes great females.

ploughshare

Here are the bulls I would consider:

Mr. Anchors Outlaw
BEB Juneau
MCC Cupid
Rodman

jallen

Jacob B said:
Who would be the best angus bull to use for a shorty first calver that will keep some style and show ring quality?  Any suggestions would be well appriciated.  Thanks.
Bcc lookout and raptor i also Blue moon has thrown some really good shorthorn mix calves i will try and get you some pics.

worthabit

worthabit said:
rtmcc said:
We like our BC Lookout's!  They come easy, 72 to 81 lbs this year out of first calf heifers.  They have a cool look and really look like they will be great cattle.  Genex carries him.
That is what I was going to say! Not sure if I would use him on those small frme cows but he did a super job on our larger cattle.
Here is lookout daughter out of a VERY EXTREME pure shorthorn heifer. IMO, he did a great job of adding style and structure.

Attachments

• lookouta.JPG
    lookouta.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 364

midway6376

MYT Farms said:
If you're gonna go with something a little more attractive looking, why not BC Matrix? He's a freaky fronted bull that balances up real nice. His support photos are showing some dang nice females that'd be competitive.
All the calves have seen out of Matix don't have much rear end. I have also heard that from some people that have had calves out of him.

Cattledog

I really like the lookouts on larger framed females.  I would stay away from BC Matrix and In Focus.  Most of the Matrix calves I have seen had way too much front end on them.  It actually surprised me after looking at his picture.  They also don't have much thickness.  The In Focus have a ton of front on them. 

We had some freedoms and I'm not sure where his birth weight EPD is coming from.  All his calves came under 80lbs.  They looked great and we got them all sold easily.  MCATL Reachout is one to watch.  His calves are flat cool!

Dave

Davis Shorthorns said:
shorthorngirl2010 said:
In Focus or Final Answer

I am using Final Answer on my heifers this year.
I have a bull named The Answer that is a Final Answer son that could add style to your calves. available at Cattle Visions.

jbw

Morgans Direction, will use him over Lookout or N. Improvement any dy, have used over 350 units of him. CONSISTENT, works on clubbie bred females and they are smaller than the bulls mentioned earlier. Perfect uddered and easy fleshing.

ROAD WARRIOR

SD said:
Mbar is getting very good looking cattle out of his SH heifers from Connealy Front Page. Real eye appeal.

If I were to recommend a RA bull for show appeal I'd spend the money and go with Mulberry. If you want to go in a slightly different direction go with Perks Advance 121R, he makes great females.

A RA bull that is calving ease and hjas show appeal - NBAR Negotiator L21- 2003 National Intermediate Champion Bull, calves are in the low to mid 70's at birth, wean in the mid 6 range with out creep, probably some of the freakiest fronted RA out there, and an absolute outcross pedigree to most other RA bulls. RW