Another Question Regarding Cow TV Special

Help Support Steer Planet:

radpic

I first off wanted to say thanks for all of your stories you've PM'd/emailed me regarding my previous thread: http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/the-big-show/cow-stories-wanted-for-tv-special/

They've all been very helpful. I just had a question for you all, and I was hoping you could help me out with it.

What would you say is considered the best major livestock/cow show where one could submit his/her cow to win for "best cow", or "best individual animal"?

I'm just trying to do more research now regarding where these competitions take place, and felt the best people to ask would the ones here.

Best,

Mark

knabe

a bull stud for either collection or cloning.

you might try transova or some other cloning, in vitro fertilization facility.

there would dang sure be some stories about people and their animals.

Mainevent

As far as overall show Denver, but if you broke it down to breed shows, steer shows, junior and open shows. You could make a case for several shows across the country. Fort Worth is one for steers, Louisville for breed shows as well as open and junior in my opinion.

bim1986

Don't forget American Royal in KC

Of course you have your state fairs, Iowa and Texas are probably the most competitive

afhm

Steers: Fort Worth by a country mile, then Houston, San Antonio, OYE, Kansas City, Denver, Louisville.  I'm sure there are a couple state fairs that could slip in there that I haven't been to.

Junior Heifers: The Texas majors, Louisville, Denver, KC

Open cattle: Louisville, Denver, Fort Worth.  At one point Houston was in the thick of this race but with it being moved so far back in the spring not many people will haul down anymore.

radpic

jwfarms said:
Fort Worth is huge.  Where are you filming at currently?

jwfarms,

We're not filming yet. We're just in the early planning stages. And I'll definitely look into Fort Worth.

Best,

Mark