Any calf Reports on Last years Baby Bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I've heard of some nice Eye Candys'  Anyone els heard of any.  Point Taken, I am Legand, Meyer Meyer to name a few?

RSC

jbw

Talked to three people that have Point Taken calves, they all like them alot, not very big when they are born.
How are the highlander calves?

farmboy

a couple people on here have had i am legends. i believe both were fairly easy coming and were thick and big boned, as expected.

willie

Had a Meyer Meyer heifer calf yesterday, 80 lbs. out of a Maine cow. Nice stout blocky calf, with good bone and hair. We will get pics after things dry out around here. We also had an Untouchable heifer calf (Simmi cow) a few weeks ago 96 lbs. unassisted, getting better by the day. I posted pics the day she was born, but will post again in a few weeks since someone already requested one month pics.

cowman

RSC said:
I've heard of some nice Eye Candys'  Anyone els heard of any.  Point Taken, I am Legand, Meyer Meyer to name a few?

RSC

I have Point Taken, I Am Legend, and Crimson Tide calves on the ground. What do you want to know?

TMJ Show Cattle

I want a report if you don't mind on CRIMSON TIDE calves. Especially if they are out of straight bred shortie cows.

RSC

cowman said:
RSC said:

RSC

I have Point Taken, I Am Legend, and Crimson Tide calves on the ground. What do you want to know?
Bw's, bone, Hair Muscle, style. Frame?  Hows the fronts on the Legends?  What kind of cows did you use the PT's on and what's your thoughts on them?

Tony

furinsilex

We have a couple I am Legends on the ground (only 2). Didnt have the best conception rates with him. Running 60% right now and not done and only 40% with him and done. Both calves have lots of style, one is one of the best calves we have.  Good bone but not great. REALLY GOOD HAIRED. ill try to get some pics up when i get time and it dries up

jbw

The nieghbor has had a dead C Tide, looked good in the profit pile,  I have heard really good things on the El Capitan bull. They are moderat birth wts and stout.

cowman

RSC said:
cowman said:
RSC said:

RSC

Bw's, bone, Hair Muscle, style. Frame?  Hows the fronts on the Legends?  What kind of cows did you use the PT's on and what's your thoughts on them?

Tony

I was waiting for one more Crimson Tide so I apologize for the delay.

Point Taken I used on an Angus Twister cow: Super complete, sound, tons of body (not all from the cow) thick enough for sure, lots of bone and hairy. I can honestly say he looks just like his daddy, maybe a little softer and good fronted. Worked like he was supposed to so far.

I Am Legend. I used on a Meyer daughter. Super thick, square hip, tons of bone and hair(most impressive is how clean jointed the calf is for the amount of bone she has) She's growing in to the front end, looks like she'll be OK there. Decent center body but not great, time will tell. Overall, very happy and optimistic.

Crimson Tide. Used on Angus and Angus cross cows. OK, this one gets interesting....first and foremost do not even try to judge the calves until they are 2 days or older. They come fairly small and gangly and have you concerned. By day 2 you are super excited. VERY hairy, good bone, VERY good fronted, sound thick. If they make as much improvement for week 1 to week 2 as they did from Day 1 to Day 2 I will breed him to the entire farm.

Thanks,

Cowman

cowman

TMJ Show Cattle said:
What do the Crimson Tide calves look like and what did you breed him to?

Did I mention the Crimson Tides are hairy?? Just can't get over it.

Cowman

OH Breeder

cowman said:
TMJ Show Cattle said:

Cowman

With the expo coming up I am glad you said something. Mr Lautner will be at our expo here in Ohio. I was thinking of buying some semen. thank you!
So your meyer meyer were acceptable. I have a simmi x direct hit daughter that usually puts fair amount of bone on them. I was wondering if he would work on her. She is freak necked.

OH Breeder

cowman said:
TMJ Show Cattle said:

Cowman

Crimson Tide is registered appendix shorthorn with a bw of 74#'s that is encouraging.

TMJ Show Cattle

That is very encouraging OH Breeder[crimson tide] I've been waiting as patiently as possible for reports on this bull.Have a friend in Oklahoma that has 2 coming in April. Was sure someone had March calves coming from him. Didn't use him,was waiting for his first crop of calves. I hope he works.

Jenny

Anyone use the Th/PHA free Apollo bull; a Sunseeker son?
Best clubby calf here is out of him and dammed by a Heatwave daughter.
This could be the best clubby calf that has been raised here;
Too bad it is a heifer; would be worth more as a steer.
Will try and get a picture up of her end of this week when I have some help.
I am computer challenged!

Also have 5 I Am Legend calves on the ground; 4 more Apollo calves and a Hannibal calf.
Will be getting more I Am Legend calves and also some Alias calves pretty quick here.

jbw

I used Apollo natural, he worked on a wide range of cows, I did not get a single throw away. The ones I had were small at birth, 60-75 pounds, they seem to be growing well in the feedlot. I sold the top end calves. They were younger as I used him as a clean up bull, they were May calves. Sold one for $4000 and another 2 for$1800. The bull looks very good, he's standing out in the lot right now. The best one out of him that I had was a hfr. out of a strickly bus. cow born in june. I'm keeping her back in the herd.