Any calves this year from I-80? I haven't heard much about him so far

Help Support Steer Planet:

DB

First off, I would like to thank those that posted about the first shots to a calve. Now for I-80!

I was curious if anyone has had any I-80 calves so far this year?  I saw a few last year and thought they were pretty nice. I also heard a lot of talk about him last year and lately I haven't heard much about him.  Almost every sale catalog that I looked at had cows bred to him but still haven't heard much.  I have 3 of them coming in March so I was just curious like I said havent heard much about him lately... If you have any pics of calves and could post them I would be interested in looking at them.  THanks again!

Gargan

hopefully i will have a pic in about 2 weeks for u. got a grizzly 1st calf hfr due to him on the 16th. should be really small with a double dose of calving ease.

hntwhitetail

I recently bought a pb maine I-80 bull....  he has a lot of thickness.. bone.. for a clean bull.  Passed a semen test @ 10mo's.  Very thick, great temperment and I can't wait to breed him to the herd and see what he can do.

jbzdad

I used him a leggy power plus angus cow... got a nice little bull calf that I left a bull to use on heifers...He is 11 mos old now and getting better ... I know the steer buyer wanted to take him to Texas in october.. If I had someone to trim him up we would do it and take some pics

olsun

Stopped at Hawkeye last week. Saw I-80 as well as several others.  In my mind I was impressed with I-80, I liked him a lot more than Mercedes Benz, who was also there. As a calf I thought he was on the small side, but he has matured into a very usefull sized bull. Simply put, I liked him.

kfacres

olsun said:
Stopped at Hawkeye last week. Saw I-80 as well as several others.  In my mind I was impressed with I-80, I liked him a lot more than Mercedes Benz, who was also there. As a calf I thought he was on the small side, but he has matured into a very usefull sized bull. Simply put, I liked him.

pic?  I've thought he might look like a good option to use on shorthorn clubby heifers in the future when I run out of angus semen.

CAB

Brian Goettemoeller had an I-80 bring $52,500 last fall in a bid-off sale. If you go to Lautner's high sellers there all a half doz. calves listed. I think that the calf I am thinking of was an I-80 x Heat Wave heifer.

vet tech

He is one of the hottest things in the club calf world right now...

mainegirl

This is an I-80 steer we raised out of a JPJ X Yahtzee heifer. We are so proud of how he's grown. Pics are from this past weekend at VCCP. Have had lots of compliments on him!

Attachments

• ole blue vcco.jpg
    ole blue vcco.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 256
  • ole blue rear.jpg
    ole blue rear.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 246

mark tenenbaum

mainegirl said:
This is an I-80 steer we raised out of a JPJ X Yahtzee heifer. We are so proud of how he's grown. Pics are from this past weekend at VCCP. Have had lots of compliments on him!//// INCLUDING ME-I made a comment about him in an e-mail to one of my buddies -if he had a little better back wheels-he woild have been in the top 3-4 of the whole show-real powerhouse-and very good job of presentation:YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF THAT LITTLE GIRL.There was a Hired Man there that I think was from Clarke County-that was also Just A TRUCK O0

RankeCattleCo

That's some real growth for a steer with CE in his pedigree.  Is he TH clean? I don't know much about Yatzee.  You really should be proud of him, he really is a truck!!

jagerbeef

Here is my I-80 heifer calf 57 pounds out of a strictly business X Meyer.

Attachments

• DSCI0527 (800x600).jpg
    DSCI0527 (800x600).jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 216

Earthmover

Not to scare anyone but we had a I-80 bull calf out of a Wisdom heifer this week, came a day early and only weighed 90lbs. One hell of a hard pull, almost gave up and c-sectioned her. Thank God he finally came with the help of a calf jack. Calf and mom doing fine now, calf was up and sucking within two hours.

OH Breeder

Earthmover said:
Not to scare anyone but we had a I-80 bull calf out of a Wisdom heifer this week, came a day early and only weighed 90lbs. One hell of a hard pull, almost gave up and c-sectioned her. Thank God he finally came with the help of a calf jack. Calf and mom doing fine now, calf was up and sucking within two hours.

The older I get the more I like the calf jack. We have the dual action puller. It seems as though its easier on the calf and the mom then two twine strings and sticks. Not trying to jack the thread. No pun intended.  ;)

I thought when I 80 came out some folks were worried he might be too straight off his rear? I think I saw the Goettemoeller heifer in November. She is a freak if its the same one. Super thick yet has some femininity to her. Chamberlain's have her?

@ Mark yes we do need some more Low BW easy calving clubbier bulls. I hope he works out as an option I certainly will give him  try.

pweaver

What are your thoughts on I-80 to Headliner and Immortal heifers?  Would you, or wouldn't you?  And if not, who?  Both are decent size heifers weighing 800 lbs. at least and will be bred end of April, first of May.  Will the Heat Wave genetics mess up the Ali side?

ransom14

Had an I-80 X Dr.Who (1st calf heifer) bill calf. Came unassisted 62 lb. very nice calf we are excited to see how he turns out