any opinions on these angus sires?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

I run registered angus and im lookin for feedback on these bulls....anyone know anythin about HF Prowler 43U? Also thinkin about Soo Line Motive....maybe Upward, Chisum, Cole Creek Black Cedar, or an Emblazon bred bull that has a lil extra go...i want to breed mostly for phenotype, but they need to be solid, good cattle. not just all fluff. i show alot, so i guess im tryin to do the impossible...breed cattle that will perform and grow, breed up and be functional, yet that have lots of muscle and look to them. I want muscle in my cattle, natural fleshing ability, bulls that look like bulls, heifers that are pretty, wedge shaped, yet powerful....any ideas? Thanks!!

ba

We are using a little bit of Prowler  EAXr or upshot I like you taking want to see some thickness Angus cattle.  We need to thicken up the Angus cattle were little more muscle to them and have a little more bone and substance to them

Mill Iron A

Have you looked at BSAR Opportunity on Cattlevisions?  My freinds bought a bull from Connealy's that is a consensus 7229 out of a Rito 6EMA of Emblazon cow and he is level hipped wide based big ribbed, super wide based and very sound.  Either of those would do the things you would want as well as a bull my friend has 44 Wildfire 9361 and I will attempt to attach a picture.....

Attachments

• Pyro2.pdf
    239.4 KB · Views: 253
  • Pyro3.pdf
    224.3 KB · Views: 201

Cowgurl101

so thats the bull your friends bought? he is pre nice...we have some concensus calves on the ground right now and they look to be pre promising :)

A.I.GUY

Well if you want to make showy angus cattle, then the only bull, of the bulls you mentioned that I would consider would be the soo line bull.   I would then add  SAV Bismark he is number 1 in registrations for a reason. He can be used as a heifer bull and the front ends that he stamps on are amazing! If you really want to add the power I would say that SAV Net Worth is the best bull in the breed to add pure muscle and he will give you the best wedge shaped females you have ever seen! Then SAV Pioneer is also siring excellent phenotype and performance.  You can find all 3 on the Genex web site. Hope that helps.

cowboybecoachin

I would also recommend the Schaff (SAV) bulls. Pioneer, Mandan, Potency, Brilliance are good!

Also, if you can get it, Dameron First Class. Or EXAR Classen, a First Class son.

BC Lookout works well on big cows.