Any shows comin up in Fla

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

The Florida Jr. Cattlemens Association will have their show the first weekend in aug. in Kissimmee. There's usually not many shows in Aug. the show season starts to pick up in Sept. Oct has the most shows I think one every weekend. Go to www.ruddsshowsupply.com they usually have all the shows listed.

flacowman

That's the only one I know about too.  there is a show in New Brockton, AL on I believe the second Saturday if you're in the northern part of the state.  Look up the Coffee County Invitational show if you're interested

flacowman

Any of my fellow floridians gonna be at the JR cattlemens show?  I'll be there with 3 or 4 commercial heifers and an angus (my showmanship girl, she isn't all that impressive)

merrittj

St. Lucie County Fall Beef Classic will be on November 5th and 6th.  Will be a good show at a very nice facility.  There is a FaceBook page for this show and it is also listed on Rudd's Show Supply's web site.

flacowman

rudds show supply has a fairly complete list of shows in the state.  what county are you in?

CSS Ranch

Does anyone know where to find information about the Coffee County Invitational Show?

COWgirls

Coffee County will email the info out if you call with an email address...
Heifer & Steer Show
c/o Coffee County Extension Office
5 County Complex
New Brockton, AL  36351
334/894-5596  Fax 334/894-5245

We need to locate someone who has been to the North Florida Fair. We've located the registration info, but need to know what to expect as far as the layout...allowed grooming...etc.  Your guidance is much appreciated!

McCauleyCattle

The Hardee County Preview Show - It is the last show in the cattlemens series... But you don't have to compete in the cattlemen's to enter.  Last year the show had a 120 head... worth checking out.

I will post the entry forms later... it is $20 a head and $10 for showmanship.  All entry money is return in the classes.

There is a free dinner, breakfast, clinic and T-shirts.   

Here is the basic details..

Friday, December 10, 2010
Check-in* – 2 – 6 p.m.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Check-in* – 7 – 8:30 a.m.

Purebred shown by age, steers and commercial heifers shown by weight

Free Exhibitor Clinic – 5:00 p.m.
Clinic will focus on Nutrition, Grooming, and Showmanship
– Tim McCauley – instructor

Dinner 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. FREE

Showmanship - 7:00 p.m.
Ages: Novice 7 and under*, Juniors 8 -12, Intermediate 13-15, Seniors 16 and up, Adult 22 and up.
Must have a junior or above in the ring with the novice.
All exhibitors must show their own animals in the showmanship competition with the exception of
novice & adult.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 –

Breakfast – 7:00 AM - FREE

Show star ts at 9:30 AM
Division 1 Steers
Division 2 (Brahman, Brangus, Brahman influence)
Division 3 (French- Simmental, Gelbvieh, Charolais, Limousin)
Division 4 (English – Angus, Hereford, Shorthorn)
Division 5 (Maine, Maine influence, Chi influence, Limousin cross)
Any Purebred with 20 or more head will have their own breed show.
(20 head of heifers or 20 head of bulls)
Awards
Division awards – Ribbon Holders, Rosettes, ribbons and cash.
Showmanship – 1st place Buckle, 2nd place chair
Novice, Junior, Intermediate, Senior and Adult
Supreme Grand Champion Bull – Buckle
Supreme Reserve Grand Champion Bull – Chair
Supreme Grand Champion Cow/Calf – Ribbon Holder
Supreme Grand Champion Heifer – Buckle & $300
Reserve Supreme Grand Champion Heifer – Chair & $150
Grand Champion Steer – Buckle & $400
Reserve Grand Champion Steer – Chair & $200

* All entry fees will be awarded in prize money within the divisions.

McCauleyCattle

There is also a facebook fan page for the Hardee County Preview Show... It has more details on the show, photos and results from last year...

check it out.  ;D

flacowman

Cowgirls: NFF is a fun little show.  Any and all fitting is allowed that is usually allowed and it is usually an out of atate judge.  Most of the competitive calves will be from south GA but I have seen some really nice FL calves there too.  also, if Tally is close to you the check on the National Peanut Festival in Dothan, AL.  It's also a really fun show with decent money attached.

McCauleyCattle

flacowman said:
Cowgirls: NFF is a fun little show.  Any and all fitting is allowed that is usually allowed and it is usually an out of atate judge.  Most of the competitive calves will be from south GA but I have seen some really nice FL calves there too.  also, if Tally is close to you the check on the National Peanut Festival in Dothan, AL.  It's also a really fun show with decent money attached.

North Florida Fair?  We are going to that show.