any WI shows in the spring or late winter?

Help Support Steer Planet:

katie_k

looking to try my hand at the big shows, when are some? just broke my calves (shorthorns and shorthorn plus) and am thinking that by late winter it might be worth it to try.

Ric

Badger Classic is the first weekend in December at State Fair Park. Also the Pionoeer Showdown in Platteville is usually around the end of April

micpanda

If you would like to go to the Pioneer showdown It is in Lancaster,WI at the Grant County Fair Grounds. It isn't a huge show but it is very competitive. If you want more information on it , when it gets closer to April, you can check out www.pioneershowdown.com , they normally have information on there. 

mickayla

shwgrl

There is also the UWRF show in Ellsworth the 1st weekend in May usually. I like that show, 2 rings on one day, you walk out of one ring and practically walk right in the next.  You only have to wash and fit once that way, but still get the benefit of a 2 ring show.

mainecattlemother

Not sure what part of WI you are from but I believe it is Albert Lea MN that has a spring classic and I believe it is pretty competitive.  I know that isnt too far from some parts of WI.

Rock_N_Roll_Ranch

early summer in june the wisconsin state shorthorn Association puts on a state shorthorn show in lodi wis you can visit the wisconsin shorthorn asscocaition site

drl

Black River Spring Thaw
April 16-17 in Black River Falls, WI
Open Jackpot to Wisconsin Residents only
Showmanship Saturday night, show Sunday
$250 Champion Steer/Heifer
Brand new fairgrounds built in 2010
check on Facebook for Black River Spring Thaw

Contact for info or entry forms
715-533-1412
608-386-3593
[email protected]

shwgrl

I believe payout at the Pioneer Showdown is $500 for Grand Steer and Heifer, and goes down from there for the top 5? But, i'm not 100% on that.  As far as competition goes, it's pretty good.  We have been going the last few years and you have a lot of nice cattle from WI, IL, IA, and MN, including the May's.  So, yes, there is good competition!