Anybody making changes because of gas prices?

Help Support Steer Planet:

trevorgreycattleco

I am liking these ideas. i could spend the next month putting the fence up. Then I could just golf all summer and let the money roll in. The customers could say they have went green to their neighbors. 

sasquatch

knabe said:
have driven a civic hybrid since 2002.  gets 55 mpg highway. 

obama said energy costs would necessarily skyrocket.  i guess he delivered on that campaign promise.

i miss the connection.  you have an electric X car, he's talking about coal and natural gas...and ultimately electricity on the power grid.  Conserving natural resources that affect the power grid makes for high gas prices? exactly what planet are you from?  Planet X?<alien>

wyatt

we just bought a brand new vw jetta tdi(turbo deisel 40-50 mpg) today love it! ;D

american honey

Well since i'm a teenager and not able to drive yet, I usually haft to depend on my parents. But lately I haven't been going anywhere. And if I go anywhere my friends carpool together, its saves money and your always sure to laugh!!

oakview

We bought a Toyota Prius 3 years ago and have averaged about 47 miles/gallon since that time.  We drove it to Louisville (from Central Iowa) a year and a half ago and spent $80 on fuel.  I thinkg gas was in the upper $2 range then.  We took the truck and trailer to WHR's sale last month and spent about $800.  Needless to say, we drive the Prius wherever we can.  Saving on gas for us, though, is nothing new.  We've had Toyotas since 1974 and are used to over 30 miles/gallon.  I did drive my 2006 Ford F-350 crew cab diesel 4X4 to Cedar Rapids Sunday, about 95 miles, and set the cruise on 56 and left it there.  I got 20.5 mpg.  I like 47 better. 

knabe

got a ride in a co-workers nissan leaf (all electric car).

we pulled up to eat at lunch a people kept asking about the connector and number of miles on a charge.

never seen so many grown men oogling over something.  it felt like it was a swimsuit model.

unfortunately, the car won't go two trips for long commuters on a single charge, the greatest need to reduce gas use.

it was very spartan and nicely made.  interestingly, you could not get your feet under the front seats, reducing rear seat room.

the owner was subsidized heavily for the charger, and the vehicle, and gas tax as there currently is no "gas tax" they pay to maintain roads.

jason

I went from a 3/4 diesel down to a 1/2 ton gas.  I couldn't stand the extra cost of diesel and I don't tow that often.  We drive my wife's camry if we got out of town, it gets around 30 mpg. She had a jetta tdi before that and it would get around 45 mpg.

justintime

Unfortunately, the cost of gas is just another cost of doing business. Every other commodity I have to buy fluctuates in price and gas is yet another that this happens with . Next week I will drive about 2500 miles delivering bulls, and I will have to buy gas regardless of the price. Fortunately, the price of bulls has also increased this year.

easttex

I have to drive about 40 miles to work, so I bought a 1999 Chevrolet METRO 1.0 liter (its a 3 cylider) to drive back and forth. The $400 a month i save plus the the 40 MPG outways how retarded I look I guess!!!!!!!!

Doc

Well I pulled the plug this evening. I bought a 2012 Honda Civic. It is supposed to get 39 Hwy & 28 city. I'm definitely sitting a little lower to the ground, but if it's going to leave a little more in my wallet then I geuss I can get used to it.

BIGTEX

Obama is just letting Bush, Cheney and their buddies make billions of dollars. Why else would gas prices be so high? That was the reason the last time  gas prices were this high. Right? ???

Doc

BIGTEX said:
Obama is just letting Bush, Cheney and their buddies make billions of dollars. Why else would gas prices be so high? That was the reason the last time  gas prices were this high. Right? ???

Bigtex, You are so smart.Thats all I heard . That has to be it. I geuss I didn't realize Obama had such a big & giving heart!!