anyone go to talbert club calf sale or Holleys in ohio

Help Support Steer Planet:

cshetrick

I was at Talberts,best set of cattle he has had if 14yrs.The cattle sold way too cheap for what the were.Auctions are dieing out,he said hes going to change thing for next year.As for Hollys top 4 or 5 brought 4 or 5 thousand pretty good set there as well i heard.

maineanjou87

Howd you guys do this is Rick Swain i had the hereford heifer there and helped out a few nights at Talberts I thought there was a real good set of calves i didnt make it to the sale i had a wedding i had to be in my parents went we bought our heifer back didnt think she brought enough and they also thought that alot of the cattle went way to cheap i wasnt there and just wanted some other opinions on how it went i was gonna stop by Ricks but havnt had anytime.  Thats to bad they went way to cheap after all the work everyone put in.

winning

I was told the calves at talberts were not that great. High seller was 5k? next was $2800. But if you wanted cheap calves it was the place to be!

cshetrick

So just because the top seller was 5k that means the cattle was not any good? Maybe people got good honest cattle for a great deal.There were aleast ten steers that could go and compete about anywhere.It was just an honest auction,maybe the owners should have ran their cattle to 10 or 15k then they would have been great ones rite? Thats what wrong with the clubby industry,oh and politics.