Anyone have any calves off SOO LINE GRIZZLEY 9034?

Help Support Steer Planet:

HavinABlast

Wondered if anyone had any comments about calves off SOO LINE GRIZZLEY 9034?  Either from a commercial or show standpoint.

HavinABlast

Yes I have viewed the video of him and checked his EPD's but I just wondered if anyone had any comments about his calves from personal experience....Considering some embryos by him...

cowboy_nyk

His sire, Kodiak is one of the most used and respected Canadian bloodlines ever.  Anecdotally I have heard that the performance on Grizzley calves can be hit and miss.  Expect feminine daughters with tidy udders and easy calving type bulls.  If you can get your hands on actual HF Kodiak or HF Tiger (Kodiak son) semen, I would definitely recommend it over Grizzley.  Honestly I would even try the MVF Siberian (Tiger Son) before Grizzley.  Just my take.

kiblercattle

I will say I believe that his half brother tiger makes good females I have 5 that will calve in October and 5 more that are just yearlings and they are going to make very nice cows. I believe he is very hit or miss on the bulls I haven't had any thing spectacular. Just FYI in case you decide to go that route.

cowboy_nyk

HavinABlast said:
Thanks Cowboy Nyk - I appreciate your comments.... (clapping)
No problem.  Last fall I bought some Kodiak daughters and granddaughters as well as some Kodiak semen form Soo Line's dispersal.  Pretty happy with them.