anyone know of a place that clones horses

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

doing reserch on cloning in my bio class and chose the comm. implications of cloning, found out about cattle, and where you can get them cloned but I cant find where someone could take and get their horse cloned. Any one know of a company or collage that people can get there horse cloned?

cowcrazy

There was a barrel horse that was cloned in Texas.  I think it was done by ViaGen in Austin.  You can google "cloning horses boerne texas" and read the article about it.  Good luck!

knabe

smart little lena was cloned.  one or two had parrot mouth and one or two didn't make it to term.

should be a start to a little different conversation rather than just some animal was cloned.

cowcrazy

The horse that was cloned was called "Scamper" and he was a world champion barrel horse owned by Charmayne James. You can bet it is not a cheap procedure!

cowflusher

Bovance is a company that clones horses, cattle,hogs they are owned partly by trans ova and have a website

3HFarms

If you look up university of Idaho and they cloned racing mules. I know the two guys in charge of that moved to different areas but are still cloning I think but I am sure someone in the equine program at UofI can tell you how to get a hold of them