Anyone like craft beer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Woody

To me nothing beats Bud Light in a bottle that is half a degree from freezing, far from a craft beer though.

Bi-Lane Livestock

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Just wondering if anyone here enjoys a quality brew.  I'm on quite the sout kick as of late, it being winter and what not. Bell's Special Double Cream Stout and Left Hand Milk Stout nitro are probably my favorite as of right now.  My go to is the always delicious Sierra Nevada Kellerweis or their Pale Ale.  Anyone else?  <beer>
the Bells brewery is about 30 min from me.....great grog!  My favorite winter is Bells Two Hearted Ale, winter wheat is also nice

shortyjock89

You lucky duck.  Two-Hearted is very very good and I plan on picking up a sixer of it tomorrow. 

sue

You lucky duck.  Two-Hearted is very very good and I plan on picking up a sixer of it tomorrow. 

Bell's was a small little guy in my college years. Nearly every East Lansing pub supported them.  What they call "oberon"  now  used to  Solsun back them.  They had to change the name for legal issues.  For a long time Bell's would require spring "pre orders " for  the summer brew.  Nothing beats a Oberon on tap !
However the oldest Michigan brewery is in the UP of Michigan ..... Hereford and HOps, Escanaba.  Kinda a neat deal, no distribution - make sure you try it if you're attending the UP  STate Fair.  Very good food too.

aj

I'm kinda with woody. I had a yellow can regular Coors the other day and it was over the top.

shortyjock89

aj said:
I'm kinda with woody. I had a yellow can regular Coors the other day and it was over the top.

Hey, that's great for you.  To each their own, really.  But I just don't like adjunct lagers (Coors, Miller, Budweiser, and their Light categories).  They are very bland to me, and the flavor they do have is just a fermented grain taste, which I'm not a huge fan of. I also don't like beer to be extremely cold, it takes away too much flavor IMO.

aj

I had some hard cider one time that was a nice change of pace..........it might have been Woodchuck brand.

shortyjock89

Aussie, is craft beer popular there? Those beers look delicious, I'd love to try them all!

aj

Check out coloradobeer.org.  .........760 am out of Denver has a "Colorado Craft Beer Show" 12 to 2 mountain time. John Turk and Chris Katechis do the show. There is quite a bit of the micro brew happening in Colorado.......mainly the foothills.

shortyjock89

aj said:
Check out coloradobeer.org.  .........760 am out of Denver has a "Colorado Craft Beer Show" 12 to 2 mountain time. John Turk and Chris Katechis do the show. There is quite a bit of the micro brew happening in Colorado.......mainly the foothills.

Thanks for the heads up! A lot of my favorite beers come from Colorado. It's a very popular microbrew lover's destination.

Limiman12

Got started on Boulavard Brewing company in Kansas city while I was in Chiro school thre.  Their wheat is my stand by, pale ale and stout both good as well.  I worked at a liquor store for a while while in school,    LOTS OF GOOD BEER.  No wrong answer.

A new tradition that has started in my family for Christmas........    Mom goes to a store that sells build your own six packs, and gets eighteen different beers, then my dad and brother in law and I have a "draft".  Kinda fun and end up with a couple new ones to try each year.

Aussie

Aussie, is craft beer popular there? Those beers look delicious, I'd love to try them all!
Craft beer has become very popular over the last 5 years with small micro brewery's turning up all over the place. These have joined the natural food movement appearing at food festivals and farmers markets and pubs that were in decline and reinvented themselves. Craft beer has taken over from wine snobbery in some circles becoming the " in thing" with prices double that of the local drop and not always justified.