Apollo ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cdncowboy

Curious as to what any one may know about Hanewich's Apollo bull.  I just can't seem to decide if I like him or not.  I look at the pedigree and the TH and PHA free and think yes, then at his pic and say I don't know.  Anybody seen calves or have any?

tadpole

I have two this year.  They were both just shy of 100 pounds when born on a scale.  Mine didnt look like much at first but they keep getting better and better everyday.  After they are a couple of weeks old they really start to widen out and pack on the muscle.  If i could change anything about the calves I would give them some more bone and more hair, but these calves are just out of angus cows so when mated with a different cow he would probably be just fine.  Im planning on clipping a few calves this weekend so I will try and get a few pictures on here probably sometime sat afternoon. 

cattlepimp

I kept reading about him on lances blog at cattlevisions, then i looked at his picture and wasnt impressed, but after talking with lance i ordered 5 straws to try out. He told me that the apollo calves are better fronted, more moderate, and dont have the body chrome that the sunseekers have. So if you still have questions i would give him a call! Good Luck

jbw

He will be going to Nichols Sat. afternoon. He is big boned, and very muscular, I have not had a calf with any white at all. We have used him for two years natural, not 1 throwaway. I have not had one over 90lbs. That fella has a high libido. There must have been something in the water in Renssalear, IN. ;D

Kupfarm

jbw said:
He will be going to Nichols Sat. afternoon. He is big boned, and very muscular, I have not had a calf with any white at all. We have used him for two years natural, not 1 throwaway. I have not had one over 90lbs. That fella has a high libido. There must have been something in the water in Renssalear, IN. ;D

You just made me spit coffee on my computer with this.  I live 15 minutes north of him.  I am wondering if I should tap into his well cuz we do not have that problem here.  (clapping)

jbw

Kupfarm,
  Would that put you close to the Kneimen Tap?  [sp?]  That is one place that I can say I've been, and will not forget, and don't really remember! ???

Kupfarm

I live about 7 minutes from kniman tap.  Been there once, will continue to order out pizza from there.  NOT my kind of place.  I drive pass there and always play dodge the drunks in the road.

jbw

I was there just the once, don't care to go back!!