Apollo

Help Support Steer Planet:

cdncowboy

There was a bit of discussion on here last spring about the Apollo bull, just wondering if any one else has had any and what the results have been like.

Have two heifers by him on the ground, one about a week old the other just a day.  They seem to be well designed calves from the belly up, nice square hip, quite clean fronted with some neck extension.  That said the front legs on the older have gotten to look worse with a little age, she toes out as bad as I've seen a baby calf do, she's out of a really sound limi cow.  Have heard that Sunseekers can be a bit of a structural mess, wonder if Apollo is gonna bring that to the table - hoped he wouldn't.  Also not the hairiest calves, but the cows are not great haired either, don't think he'll take it off but probably won't add any.

Overall not likely a bull I'd use again off seeing the first results.  Hate to judge off of two calves though, comments anyone else?

jbw

Have had the first one calve, perfect udder and a really good momma.

Give them time they get better with age.  You will like them alot better come weaning time.  Mine came small and plainer looking and kept getting better. 

I had calves out of him and all different types of cows, I ran him as a cleanup his yearling year and let me tell you his libido is HIGH!!

Really thought he worked best on a Angus, angusx, maybe a little plainer made cow that was soggy,  He added style, bone and muscle.

I have 6 more dtrs due any time.