April hiefer-in lot-changes from side-other views,give your worst

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

YeaYea-not a pro picture,out in the mud-but shes sure at a good home,Mark Sims and daughters are just very good with cattle and hogs.-shes free at last from a 100 degree county fair-she isnt tall, but her wieght aint small-never wins-but elicits some grins,(and quite a few offers),although shes not for sale.Shes also in the Indiana deal-but her breeding (and my admiration) are geared to Texas -Oklahoma-Kansas.Yea-shes sound and is really smooth fronted to be a thick one. She was cut back to oats and filler 2 MONTHS AGO-because shes really easy keeping,now getting kicked out for a few months,maybe Louisville-though theyll roll her for her frame score.-think HC Touchdown will work? O0

Attachments

• -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 381
  • -dorothy-side-sized.jpg
    -dorothy-side-sized.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 392
  • -dorothy head down sized.jpg
    -dorothy head down sized.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 366

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

I like her i would put her in my program, i really like her muscle structure. Really puts together a nice package, plus shes an easy keeper cant ask for much more.

Okotoks

That's a very nice heifer. What is her breeding. I think she would cross well with Touchdown. I have a pic of a red Touchdown bull calf taken at Hilltop's in June. If I find it I will post it, he was a nice looking calf.

mark tenenbaum

Thanx okotoks Shes a Freeforall  x Equitys Image-Byland Marjorie. Image was an EquityxHuberdale PM Lora. Byland Marjorie-was a 1987 LCS Designer cow-dam to Byland Explosian in Australia,UBJR Walker,etc and after years of bulls,had the dam of this hiefer-whom she raised at 15 years of age-at Deertrail ranch. I would really like to see ANY calf pics of Touchdown progeny O0

Jacob B

Good looking female.  Love the body and balance in her.  Easy fleshing kind for sure. You will have to update all of us on SteerPlanet after she calves, I would like to know how Touchdown works on her.

Hilltop

Looks good Mark. (thumbsup)
We have not been able to get over to JIT's to see his TD calves but we have 2 and we really like them. Both calves are moderate framed with very good tops and lower quarter.  I am not sure he will give you a taller version but the calf will be thick. We had planned on using him on a few more females this spring but with the mud mess we had we only managed to get one heifer bred to him.  We also flushed one of our top cows to him this year and am looking forward to those calves next spring.

thegoodones

She looks very nice!  We are starting to hunt one for my daughter's first year and she wants a shorthorn.  Praying we can find one we can afford with body and the cow look this one has.  We have started, not lots out there with body like that and muscle.  I bet Touchdown will work great there.

Okotoks

cowgirl864 said:
Okotoks, i too would love to see some Touchdown calves, as i have one due in Nov
Here is the red Touchdown bull calf at Hilltops. I can't remember the dam...Hilltop can you fill us in?

Attachments

• ACC Hilltop Touchdown bull calf June25.jpg
    ACC Hilltop Touchdown bull calf June25.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 189

OH Breeder

She looks like a steer momma. Like the size and like the looks of her easy fleshing. Perfect to make steers.

I have a Touchdown due in February out of a Jazz daughter x Ace Of Diamonds.

Hilltop

Okotoks said:
cowgirl864 said:
Okotoks, i too would love to see some Touchdown calves, as i have one due in Nov
Here is the red Touchdown bull calf at Hilltops. I can't remember the dam...Hilltop can you fill us in?
Momma is a Waukaru 2109 Gold 4188. We bought her dam in the Braebank Dispersal in 2008. Best cow in the sale. He had a 84 lb BW and was assisted only because he came with 1 front leg back.  Here is her pedigree
http://www.clrc.ca/cgi-bin/pedigree.cgi?_breedcode=MS&_countrycode=CAN&_association=21&_regnumberprefix=F&_regnumber=686566&_regnumbersuffix=

mark tenenbaum

Thanks again for the responses,and the pictures-and  a big thanx to NCK21 on here-who were kind enough to keep this hiefers dam for me,and raised her to weaning.-they really raise some good ones,just dont have pro-fitting and photo shop pics.I think people need to pay some attention to thier program.Speaking of pictures_JIT-alot of people want to see your TouchDown calves,not just me.-The kids who have her do such a good job,but are also intent upon making her a usefull cow.So far,shes drawn alot of looks and inquiries  every where shes been-but maybe isnt large framed enough to win in that area,of Indiana.This,frustrates her owners some-Its like when I played Rugby (in my brazen youth) we may not have won the game-BUT WE ALLWAYS WON THE PARTY.I think Touchdown will add some size-shes maybe 1100 plus-but not very tall. Hes at least a ton-so there you go O0

Dale

Touchdown should be a good combination with this heifer.  This Free 4 All heifer is certainly stout and has several of the things we all need to be looking for.  Wonder what color the calf will be?  When 2 roan Shortys are mated, red, white or anywhere in between is possible. 

nck21

What have the birth weights been on the touchdown calves? I'm wondering because we bred him to a few heifers.

mykidsluvshorthorns

Thank you Mark T and NCK-21 for allowing us to purchase and show this heifer and thanks to everyone for the nice comments  she is bred to touchdown due to calve 26 March 12 she stuck AI the first time we bred her natural heat. She has a hip height of 51 inches and weighs between 1200 and 1300 pounds at 16 mos of age she has been getting 12 pounds of feed a day containing oats soybean hull pellets cottenseed hulls mollasas and full tank since the 7th of may with 4 flakes of hay a day and you see the shape she is in very easy feeder and getting thicker and deeper everyday we are all very excited to see what the touchdown calf will look like