Are strictly businessis good milkers....

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

http://maine-anjou.org/pagedisplay.php?id=270589

probably get a wide range of answers from his epd's are low, his parents are higher, so and so has one that milks, so and so has one that couldn't fill a thimble.

at some point, i would cross fear this directly on some sooner wisdom ali something or other with 3-4 generations of calving ease.

Joe Boy

Many show cattle have him in their blood lines.  I like him and Fear This too.  Fear This really added some size to some of mine.  Calving easy is an issue with heifers out of Fear This in my opinion.

gates98

NO!!!!  I had many SB daughters for a short time sold all but 1 just because they had no milk.  The one I still have comes from a line of great milkers that go back to dairy,  and she is a far cry from mom.  I am sure there are some out there but that is my experience.

wsc

We have only have one but she could raise the whole calf crop every year if you needed her to, she is one of the best cows we have...  And most of the SB cows I have seen have all been good mothers and milkers. Thats just my two cents on him...

BCCC

Mine all milk decent, good enough to raise a calf, but definitely couldn't do twins.

SEA

If your looking for a bull to AI to...How about Nutt-N-Butt Business?

I bred a few cows to him last spring.  I was told he has a little better milk genetics than his daddy.  Guess I'll find out if I get some heifers.