Are we that dumb???

Help Support Steer Planet:

Question,
What is it with all the " pm me with a price " thing. Put the dang price on the animals and roll with it!!! ::)
I have asked for prices several times and not received a few.

Huevos Rancheros  8)

LUKE

You will get an ear full over this one.  <rock>

OH Breeder

AStar said:
I agree, it would weed out all the tire kickers.

When I posted an ad I put everything imaginable. Still get kickers no matter what you put in the ad. If you haven't noticed, there is the same group on every ad that post PM price etc. Personally I think its personal preference. If you take the time to inquire about the calf to me you seem more interested. Don't see a problem with it.

DLD

I wish everyone would post prices too, but those that don't have their reasons.

My big complaint is why people don't post their location in their ads.  I'm less likely to inquire about one that I really like the pics of, but have no idea where they're located than I am one that I might like the pic a little less but I know that they're located where I or someone I trust can look at them in person.

GoWyo

I don't think it hurts to put prices on them when the seller is asking around $3000 or less.  There are quite a few cattle around in that price range.  In the $4000 and up range, there will be a little more skepticism.  Zach - did you ever get that steer sold?

herefordfootball

I agree, posting the price would be a big help. But I believe there are probaly some buyers who would like the price they payed for a calf kept confidential. In the end I think it should be up to the buyer as to wether or not to disclose the price. jmo

farmboy

GoWyo said:
I don't think it hurts to put prices on them when the seller is asking around $3000 or less.  There are quite a few cattle around in that price range.  In the $4000 and up range, there will be a little more skepticism.  Zach - did you ever get that steer sold?

no

qbcattle

herefordfootball said:
I agree, posting the price would be a big help. But I believe there are probaly some buyers who would like the price they payed for a calf kept confidential. In the end I think it should be up to the buyer as to wether or not to disclose the price. jmo
exactly, idk if i speak for everyone else but for me i keep prices fairly confidential out of respect for the buyer. i know as a buyer thats kinda the way i like it, so i try to please the buyer in every way possible, to try and make it a good experience. but again it comes down to personal preference and you arent ever going to be able to please everybody.

mark tenenbaum

I agree on posting prices-Ive had 80% timewasters but a couple of good customers-need to weed out the bottomfeeders who think every$ 4-5000 animal is an$ 800 calf, with free 2000 mile delivery. After you see PM me a price 15-20 times with the same avatar-you know your getting jerked. O0 <beer>

farmboy

mark tenenbaum said:
I agree on posting prices-Ive had 80% timewasters but a couple of good customers-need to weed out the bottomfeeders who think every$ 4-5000 animal is an$ 800 calf, with free 2000 mile delivery. After you see PM me a price 15-20 times with the same avatar-you know your getting jerked. O0 <beer>

coughdeavescough

CAB

I guess what I would like to ask is, why don't PPL go the the personal message option to contact the seller and vice versa instead of pm me and I pmed you.

shortyjock89

CAB said:
I guess what I would like to ask is, why don't PPL go the the personal message option to contact the seller and vice versa instead of pm me and I pmed you.

Same here...when I have something for sale, its hard to remember who I PM'd if they don't message me first.

jason

It is completely up to the seller to post or not post prices.  However, I do consider it mandatory to post location, however there is really no way to police it.