Are your calves bringing you 40% over market?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Beach Limousin

I am posting a copy of this letter we mailed out in case this fits anybody program. Contact me with questions.

Fellow Cattle Producers,
Happy New Year: With New Year come new opportunities
Our family has been in the Limousin business for many years; as with most family beef operations, we have fed butcher calves for family and friends. However, in the last couple of years we have seen an overall improvement in the calves produced with no real change in the way they were raised. Although no change was made in the feeding phase of production, there was a dramatic change in our senior herd sire; we introduced trait leading, EDGE Endeavor 202M, into our cattle operation.
With the new year, we are launching the production phase of a branded beef product for a local market. We are seeking calves produced on and by small Limousin operations. The plan is to be a low-cost, lean, natural-beef product and push more profit to the producers by paying up to 140% of the commercial market. In order to control beef consistency and quantity, all of the calves will be sired by our bulls and we will limit the number of units available. Currently, semen cost for EDGE Endeavor is $40 per unit in 10 unit packages.
I am looking forward to partnering with a great group of people on producing a great set of calves. As always, contact me with any questions or for complete details at (918)857-5300 or [email protected].

Thank You,
Cody Beach
D-M Beach Limousin Ranch