ARRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

Help Support Steer Planet:

muggssy

Dusty said:
I'm still trying to figure out why the didn't shoot the other one.  Now he is in custody and all he is doing causing paperwork and costing money.  If I was president I would close Gitmo because there would be no need for it.  There wouldn't be any captured terrorists or pirates of whatever.  I would tell the troops to leave them wherever they found them.
Maybe the other guy missed???  I heard the rescue was pulled off while the hostage was taking a leak over the side of the boat....maybe the other "pirate" had to go too!!!

knabe

SEA said:
I'm sorry Knabe.  I just watched and listened to that "fragmented sound bite", from that "Documented Newsleader, You Tube", that you downloaded onto this site.

The way I heard the quote was Al Sharpten stating that the Somolians call these so called "pirates", voluntary coasrt guard.  That should not surprise you.  They hate us!  I am sure they love those pirates.  This is no different than the way the Russians are treating these so called youth, that are terrorizing our computers with all these new viruses and worms!  What are crimminals and terrorists to us, are heros to them.

By the way...do you suppose the pirates and Somolians knew that the ship was loaded with food and supplies from the US headed to Somolia?

below is verbatum.  not sure what is fragmented. 

"uh you can call me at ... something about the so-called pirates, they call themselves voluntary coast guard in somalia,WHICH MAY BE MORE APT, uh whatever your view....."  i guess i'm at a loss regarding the "which may be more apt", he's editorializing there and injecting his view, plain and simple.

which documented newsleader do you prefer?  moveon.org?  why does knowing what is on a ship important, isn't piracy piracy, there must be a gray area one can land safely?  these ships are on the open seas, not 3 miles from the coast, typical coast guard territory.

so, since not being hated is the top democratic priority, what steps should be taken to have them not hate us?

i think giving people things actually makes them hate us more and/or respect us less. same with your tax dollars.  no respect for your tax dollar so they keep TAKING more.

koombaya, doombaya, koombaya, koombaya, daniel pearl, daniel pearl, he loved them, they didn't love him, they did not. off went his head koombaya.  they'll cut yours off, koombaya, give them the chance, they'll cut it off, koombaya koombay.  prove your mettle, go over there, talk to them, koombaya, convert or submit, koombaya, koombaya,

chambero

I thought I remembered reading that the surviving pirate was actually on the destroyer "negotiating" when we decided we were tired of talking.

The problem here is these pirates are holding lots of other people hostage that they could easily execute.  That's why we were trying to play nice.  We never offered anything short of imprisonment if they surrendered. 

Honestly, I really doubt the sniper version of this story.  I doubt they would have risked missing.  Think about it, our SEALS were on a boat moving up and down, shooting at a target that was moving up and down.  I bet they intentionally got one guy off to improve the odds and then I bet it was fast, and up close and personal.

Don't knock Obama on this.  We talked as long as we could, but never had any intention of letting them get our guy on land where we couldn't find him again.  There is no reason to think our military had a hard time getting Obama to agree to lethal force.

Also don't think we ever hear everything that happens.  Do you really think we aren't killing these guys as fast as we can catch them?  I bet those pirates are about to have a real tough life.  They've got a whole bunch of pissed off countries after them.

knabe

Also don't think we ever hear everything that happens.

true, read about the mayaguez incident.

knabe

SEA said:
I'm sorry Knabe.  I just watched and listened to that "fragmented sound bite", from that "Documented Newsleader, You Tube", that you downloaded onto this site.

perhaps this is the context you were looking for?

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-you-are-being-lied-to-about-pirates-1225817.html

Its nine million people have been teetering on starvation ever since – and the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country's food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

Yes: nuclear waste. As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean. The coastal population began to sicken. At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies. Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore. People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah, the UN envoy to Somalia, tells me: "Somebody is dumping nuclear material here. There is also lead, and heavy metals such as cadmium and mercury – you name it." Much of it can be traced back to European hospitals and factories, who seem to be passing it on to the Italian mafia to "dispose" of cheaply. When I asked Mr Ould-Abdallah what European governments were doing about it, he said with a sigh: "Nothing. There has been no clean-up, no compensation, and no prevention."

At the same time, other European ships have been looting Somalia's seas of their greatest resource: seafood. We have destroyed our own fish stocks by overexploitation – and now we have moved on to theirs. More than $300m-worth of tuna, shrimp, and lobster are being stolen every year by illegal trawlers. The local fishermen are now starving. Mohammed Hussein, a fisherman in the town of Marka 100km south of Mogadishu, told Reuters: "If nothing is done, there soon won't be much fish left in our coastal waters."

This is the context in which the "pirates" have emerged. Somalian fishermen took speedboats to try to dissuade the dumpers and trawlers, or at least levy a "tax" on them. They call themselves the Volunteer Coastguard of Somalia – and ordinary Somalis agree. The independent Somalian news site WardheerNews found 70 per cent "strongly supported the piracy as a form of national defence".

________

and yet, democrats want to allow amensty.  i guess on one hand they rationalize this with a cap and trade taxation system system who's biggest effect is on the poor.

knabe

knabe

this is pretty funny.  apparently we already have a divided country.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04/english-only.html

america is already gone, at least in CA.  no one should learn english.

this is essentially mandated balkanization and as the climate for job creation IN California is increasingly worse, get ready for an influx of Californians to your state and an ever increasing intolerant population of people who will never know what america was.  perhaps that's a good thing.

perhaps the immigrants "own" the citizens.

shortyjock89

knabe said:
if you can stand it, this is a good rap on arrogance, and why, to me, liberals and illegal aliens are arrogant, all the while wanting me to pay for their utopia.

to me, liberalism means liberal with MY money, and not theirs.

I'm havin it.