Artic misters WON'T WORK!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

LF Show cattle

I got this a couple weeks ago and some of the misters worked and others did not. So i switched they wround to see if i could get a could of them to work,but it did not work. So I called sullivans and they said to put the mister tips in viniger. So i tryed that and that did not work. The next week I was going to a show and I was going to talk to Sullivans about it. They gave me new mister tips and none of them work. Does anybody know what the problem is??? ??? ???

knabe

Take mister off. Does water come out?

Squirt water into mister with hose. Does water come out?

Squirt water backwards into mister. Does water come out?

firesweepranch

Were they brand new when you bought them? If so, then something in your water line clogged them up. ANY minute amount of dirt or fines will clog them. If there was dirt around the tip of the hose when you hooked it up, that could clog them.
We are on a well, so our water is very hard, thus ours get clogged with calcium (white), so soaking them in vinegar really helps. What helped even more was buying the water filter that connects between your hose and the mister system. So far this year we have not had to clean the misters with vinegar, the filter seems to be doing its job!
Good luck!

oldgrouch

Soak the tips in CLR every few nights and scrub them with a tooth brush. It wont hurt to run a little CLR through the hose as well

okiegirl

I was dissapointed in the quatility of the artic circle.  It only has three nozzles and they don't all point in the same direction.  One points back into the fan and you can't adjust them.  I'm having much better luck with the patio mister from TSC.  It's a single nozzle on tubing shaped like a spring.  It has great output and can be bent to fit.

knabe

okiegirl said:
I was dissapointed in the quatility of the artic circle.  It only has three nozzles and they don't all point in the same direction.  One points back into the fan and you can't adjust them.  I'm having much better luck with the patio mister from TSC.  It's a single nozzle on tubing shaped like a spring.  It has great output and can be bent to fit.

right there is some good advice. 

LF Show cattle

I agree I did not think  the quatility was that great. I have just thought about doing away with that and getting a hurricane fogger. They seem much more reliable.

firesweepranch

okiegirl said:

I agree. Ours did not last one season, and when they break you can not fix them easily since they use a metal clip to attach to the mister. We bought two sets of misters, 30 foot long, from Sams for $30 each. We keep one in the trailer for shows and the other is hooked up at home. This is our second year for one set and third for the other, and no problems with them. They are easy to replace the plastic tubing between misters (we had a heifer chew a hole through one section once when it dropped and we did not see it). Best investments ever.