Aussie going to Canada

Help Support Steer Planet:

Aussie

Well one of my dreams is coming true going to Canada to look at Red Angus for a Client. ;D  <party> Will be in Alberta and SK from 21 Sept to 4 Oct with no real plans other than a few ranches I have spoken to. What should I see. Thanks in advance.

frostback

Do you like Dinasours? There is a great place in Drumheller AB, that is good if you like that kind of stuff. Takes a min of 2 hours to go through and then theres the drive. Royal Tyrrell Museum.
Got to take a drive to, or at least trough the mountains.
What else do you like? There are lakes and rivers for fishing.  Trails in the mountains for walking or hiking. Bunches of good cattle. Some black too.

LLBUX

If I were in Canada at that time I would consider going bear or possibly Mule/Whitetail Deer hunting for a few days.  Certainly something to talk about when you get home!

Good luck!

creativecattle

What breeds are you interested in seeing? My family is from Alberta, we raised Simmental cattle, but we have hosted numerous Aussies and been able to show them around a little. You are going to have an awesome time. I travels through Australia about two years ago and it was fantastic.

tcf

We raise Herefords and some show calves in Saskatchewan close to Saskatoon. If you are interseted in Herefords let me know with a pm. I could also help set you up some other Hereford tours also.

thunderdownunder

Give me a buzz if you want some cool places (and people!) to visit  ;D
Seems to be a heap of Aussies in Canada right now, especially you Angus guys!

creativecattle

Good luck. You are going to get there just in time to experience some cooler fall days. Hope you'll report back on how it goes.

Freerider

If you're flying into Calgary try and get a flight out of Vancouver and drive through the mountains......epic journy for sure.

TPX

A trip down to our area gives you the chance to visit 2 of the biggest breeders of Angus cattle in Canada.  Six Mile Red Angus and Peak Dot Ranch.  Both are great operations and great people. 

Aussie

Well I have done some miles so far. Seen a lot of cows and met some great people. Canadian people are very generous with their time and hospitality. From Friday to today have been to Brylor, 6 Mile, Blairs (thanks cattle nut a great operation) Wilbar, Bar E L  and Ter Ron with a few more to go.

Aussie

Great to met Okotoks and Jaimiediamond and famly. thanks for the hospitality and the look at the hfrs. Good people. 47Y looks as good as all those pics that have been posted. In baniff now these are real mountains I now know we only have hills at home.

creativecattle

Looks like you are making some great stops. Be sure to order mozza fries or poutine while you are up there. It's the Canadian food I miss the most now that I am in Iowa.

Okotoks

Aussie said:
Great to met Okotoks and Jaimiediamond and famly. thanks for the hospitality and the look at the hfrs. Good people. 47Y looks as good as all those pics that have been posted. In baniff now these are real mountains I now know we only have hills at home.
It was great to get the chance to meet. Looks like you will be seeing some snow before you leave! It was 1 above C(34F) when I came in a few minutes ago, the rain will be white soon...

vanridge

So which of your nice black angus cows will be getting bred to a nice shorthorn bull to get that nice cross?  ;)  (lol)

Aussie

It's snowing. I know for all you northern hemisphere people snow is not exciting or even maybe a good thing but I have never seen it snow. Last stop today Hamilton farms been a great trip saw some sp cattle at DRI. Vanridge don,t think I will change just yet have seen to many good blacksi over here I would like to use.

ruhtram

Aussie said:
It's snowing. I know for all you northern hemisphere people snow is not exciting or even maybe a good thing but I have never seen it snow. Last stop today Hamilton farms been a great trip saw some sp cattle at DRI. Vanridge don,t think I will change just yet have seen to many good blacksi over here I would like to use.

I'm starting to get excited for cooler temps and some white stuff!!