Australian Shorthorn Bull Ingleton C111

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mark H

This is for you Aussie Shorthorn types:  Have you seen the Shorthorn Bull Ingleton C111 or any of his calves?  I only see 10 calves this year on  breedplan.  This bull is supposed to have excellent performance- what about the other details on him?  Has any North American breeder bought the rights to him?  Here is his picture: http://www.dovea.ie/html/shorthorn.html#igl.  If his carcass numbers are as good as claimed would he be useful in the clubby deal?

mark tenenbaum

Id want to see what his arse looked like for the clubby deal. The best clubby one ever to fly under radar from down under to here-would be Moobi Power Play-everybody knew he had some maine in him.Looking at the pedigrees-that Full Irish Castletry Bull would be the one Id use on clubby shorthorns-alot of innovatve inventiveness in him. I was over there and did the rounds in 92-Castletroy only had 1 or 2 cows-and they were a great ones. O0

ruhtram

Mark H said:
This is for you Aussie Shorthorn types:  Have you seen the Shorthorn Bull Ingleton C111 or any of his calves?  I only see 10 calves this year on  breedplan.  This bull is supposed to have excellent performance- what about the other details on him?  Has any North American breeder bought the rights to him?  Here is his picture: http://www.dovea.ie/html/shorthorn.html#igl.  If his carcass numbers are as good as claimed would he be useful in the clubby deal?

Might be worth a shot in the clubby deal

thunderdownunder

If you look at the accuracies on the Breedplan figures, that will tell you how useful they are. All of the accuracies are quite low.

I would say he doesn't have near the bone or hair that seems prerequisite for the clubby deal.

Mark H

Thunder,

I was looking at the EBVs of the entire herd and they look to be consistent performance cattle with good Jap Ox numbers for carcass .  What is the herd like?

thunderdownunder

Mark H said:
Thunder,

I was looking at the EBVs of the entire herd and they look to be consistent performance cattle with good Jap Ox numbers for carcass .  What is the herd like?

You looked at the entire herd? Woah, that must have taken some time! I haven't inspected the herd myself, only seen a few bulls which have been pulled out in recent years, so don't feel I should comment on phenotype. But if you are a numbers man, they would probably suit you, as that is a real focus of the program.

Mark H

In Ireland I have also found out that some one is breeding a few heifers to him with a +7.5 birth weight EPD what are they thinking?
It would be nice to see a side veiw of him just thought some one in OZ may know ore than me on him.