Australian show steer example

Help Support Steer Planet:

Annieboon

hi all me again, thanks for all your advice in my last post. This is my steer, his name is BoonARKM atta boy Maverick or 'Maverick' i have attatched a picture, could you tell me waht you think of him, keeping in mind that i live in austaralia and i dont keep him in a cool foom/ shed ad i dont have acsess to any fancy feed like sure champ ect. he is by our reserve grand champion bull, out of a graet commerical cow. he weighed 552KILOS last monday and was born febuarry 2014 (is our summer) he is eating 8kilos of grain twice a day, he gets adlibe hay during the day and gets loked up at night with his night feed of the hay. our show is in septemeber, but he is going to the sa junior heifer expo, in the second week in july.

thanks  :)

Thanks for your time if anyone wants to buy some seman from some of australias most sought after genectics we are the pepole you can contact - BoonARKM angus & Grande Poll Herefords- winning champions every since we have started to show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232

Annieboon

Butt shot (taken a few weeks ago)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 184

Annieboon

this is mavericks half brother, j517, j517 half brother was the higest price bull in our 2015 bull sale this year. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 183

vc

Even without a cooler or shed, I think if you tried working the hair he has the same way we do, up and forward at a 45* angle, you would like the way it makes him looks. He has hair, well as much as we got on some of our steers with just fans and rinsing in the summer, to work. The black calves with the Velvet like hair always look better than the sun slicked ones, they have a more youthful, fresher look to them.

Annieboon

hi thansk or your reply, much appriciated, it is good to hear that somone appiriciates all my hard work. i have a team of 10 animals every year for the show, so it is very hard to rinse them all before school and after school. i just brush them morning and night, i have invested a lot of time and money in to him and glad that youthink that he looks good, thanks much appriciated!!

thanks for your time kind regards Annie Boon. :)

Latest posts