Badger Steer Results

Help Support Steer Planet:

RankeCattleCo

I saw the first day of judging but not the second- Anyone know who took grand and reserve steer and what breed?  Also how did Brock May do, heard he had his Char x locked up in his trailor so no one could see it.  ???

iowabeef

Grand Steer was the Vickland Crossbred - Heatwave Raised by Reimann
Reserve was the Morrow Crossbred- Monopoly Raised by England
Third was the Gradert Char-Monopoly Raised by Vickland
Fourth was the Russell Simental-Monopoly Raised by Holmes
Fifth was the Heath Chi-Heatwave Raised by Kroupa

The May Char looking crossbred was OK...  It stood 3rd in class.  It was a pretty tough class with the top 4 being very close and could have gone any way.

RankeCattleCo

Isn't that rediculous though, locked aweay for TWO DAYS??? People are going to see it eventually... And i really liked the Char calf in third... All $51,000 of it.  LOL

iowabeef

People have various reasons for what they do.  There were a number of cattle that were kept on the trailers at the Badger.  There are a lot of jealous petty people out there that begrudge hard working people their success and will act out in juvenile ways. You often hear of people hurting animals or cutting hair or satatoging a show animal.  I don't blame anyone for wanting to protect their investment.

skeeter20

RankeCattleCo said:
Isn't that ridiculous though, locked away for TWO DAYS??? People are going to see it eventually... And i really liked the Char calf in third... All $51,000 of it.  LOL
No not ridiculous to be in the trai or, I seen it many times on Saturday, but we were stalled near one another. The Char steer in third was a stud. Regardless of the $, that is their business and bank account, not yours. ALL irrelevant situations.

iowabeef

skeeter20 said:
RankeCattleCo said:
Isn't that ridiculous though, locked away for TWO DAYS??? People are going to see it eventually... And i really liked the Char calf in third... All $51,000 of it.  LOL
No not ridiculous to be in the trai or, I seen it many times on Saturday, but we were stalled near one another. The Char steer in third was a stud. Regardless of the $, that is their business and bank account, not yours. ALL irrelevant situations.
(thumbsup)

The heifer show was won by Luke Elder with a red commercial heifer from Sullivans....don't know any other of the top five.

OH Breeder

skeeter20 said:
RankeCattleCo said:

We leave our calves in trailer alot if we can at a show so they can relax. I know alot of people do that.

tnt

we had friends stalled near may's and the char steer was there everytime we went by.

CAB

If you go to Mittag's blog you can watch the heifer final drive on youtube. Thanks Craig/Tucker.

RankeCattleCo

I would say the Char was the best calf there, but what do I know, and we to leave our animals on trailors whenever we can to, but only over night and strictly so they can roam a bit.  People will see the calf, what's the difference if it's 8 hours before the show or in the showring??