BC Lookout ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Till-Hill

I have no idea for sure but I know when I ordered sexed semen awhile ago I never got any of him and had to be put on a list so that makes me wonder!

mainecattlemother

I know he is available through Genex.  We actually kept back a bull calf out of BC Lookout and we are on our second calf crop from him.  We will be selling most of the steer next week at our local sale barn as we are just small producers but some of the best calves we have ever raised.  Will be keeping most of the heifers back for replacements.

firesweepranch

IIRC, he was there at Genex a few weeks ago when I went to look at another bull. But I have been there a few times in the last few months so it might have been the time before that?

Till-Hill

Matt talked to the Genex boys other day, BC Lookout is dead. Sexed semen is sold out. Conventional semen they say should last thru out this year.

ALTSIMMY 79

Well thanks Till Hill I sure thought he was dead and it wasn't just a rumour. Guess maybe I was one of the first to here it. That kinda stinks , great bull !

firesweepranch

ALTSIMMY 79 said:
Well thanks Till Hill I sure thought he was dead and it wasn't just a rumour. Guess maybe I was one of the first to here it. That kinda stinks , great bull !
I agree! We have a half simmy by Lookout heifer that is due to calf on Saturday to Built Right, and she looks like one of best ones right now. Easy keeper, and very capacious, and her udder is developing nicely. Can't wait to see her calf.

CAB

PPL that can't get what you want may want to take a look @ BC Classic 385-7. Dam is a full-sib to BC Lookout. Calf reports have been very favorable.

ALTSIMMY 79

Cab - I looked at that bull and was fairly interested in him. I wonder how his calves compare to the Lookouts ? Interested in using to downsize and thicken up the calves on some of my older larger framed Simmy cows.

lightnin4

ALTSIMMY 79 said:
Cab - I looked at that bull and was fairly interested in him. I wonder how his calves compare to the Lookouts ? Interested in using to downsize and thicken up the calves on some of my older larger framed Simmy cows.
I have 2 BC Classic calves coming in the next 3 weeks.  They'll be the first I've seen.  I'll try to remember to keep you updated.

CAB

ALTSIMMY 79 said:

I think that he would work for you from the looks of his dam. I have not personally seen any yet, but have had the bull recommended to me more than once. I would ck with someone @ Select to get a better idea about his calves.

ALTSIMMY 79

That sounds good to me , my local AI guy is with Select Sires so he would be easily obtained for me. Ya I'd like to see some calves sometime. Thanks

ALTSIMMY 79

Well I just went an ordered some sexed heifer semen on that BC Classic bull , he comes highly suggested. I really like what I see coming from the Conley outfit. Great cattle !

Bada_bing

Is there much Lookout semen out there still?  There's a bunch selling pretty cheap at breedersworld.com .  Seems pretty reasonable if there is limited supply.  Anyone heard anything?