Beef Expo Shorthorn Internet

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mitch

Would like some feed back on the use of the Internet for the Iowa Beef Expo, especially the Shorthorns. What do you think of it for the Parades?  And what is your thought for the sales.

Mitch

evermoor

The video parade was alright. The audio didn't match up or was cut off on the lots, some of the animals were not in the video frame most of the time.  Would been really nice to have the camera up close and personal . Not sure how well that would be. The sale portion was nice, although I lost audio for part of the bulls. First time to bid on the internet for me  so I may need more education.

oakview

My experience with parade videos is since they are stationary, it is difficult to see the animals for any length of time.  They also seem a little one dimensional.  I have some experience bidding on line and have had only minor difficulties, technical in nature.  I was in Des Moines for these events live, so my comments would pertain to online viewing of cattle sales in general.  The bidding aspect is far more useful than the parade video in my opinion.

Mitch

Lonny,
  The reason I want more opinions is I have been told that the cattle didn't look near a good on the Expo parade video as they really were.
I was told my one gentlemen that one of the bulls he was interested in looked really bad on the video, but when he came to the sale he really liked him.
I am wondering if the Parade video is doing us, Shorthorn consignors, more damage then good.

Just want more opinions.

Mitch

uluru

I was unable to connect to the parade.
My problem not the web site.

I watched and bid at the sale.
All worked well for me on the sale.
My only comment on the sale is that on occasion the big guys leading the animal blocked
the view of the animal for much of the time the animal was in the ring.