Beet pulp in creep feed.

Help Support Steer Planet:

DCIL

I was reading an article writin by Dr.  Paul Walker in S. C.  He stats his favorite creep diet is baby beef, beet pulp, and oats. He however does not go into detail on how much of each to include. I was wondering if anyone has used anything close to this or recommendations as to how much of each product to include. I am looking at this for some shorthorn replacement heifers to add bloom and help stretch the pasture.

RyanChandler

Generally not a good idea to creep replacements but when short on grass, maybe they won't get too fat.  Still to this day, the best set of calves I've seen were on a free choice whole oats creep feeder.  They were as slicked off and fancy as any.

sue

DCIL said:
I was reading an article writin by Dr.  Paul Walker in S. C.  He stats his favorite creep diet is baby beef, beet pulp, and oats. He however does not go into detail on how much of each to include. I was wondering if anyone has used anything close to this or recommendations as to how much of each product to include. I am looking at this for some shorthorn replacement heifers to add bloom and help stretch the pasture.
contact a Kent Feed rep? Pretty sure baby beef is a Kent product.