Beltie heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

Here is my son's April Beltie heifer.  No fans, no cooler, after first rinse.

Attachments

• alice.jpg
    alice.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Hair.jpg
    Hair.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 281

EastTnShower

^^^^ because it gives you more room to work with and more hair to fill in her mistakes or weaknesses

simba

She's crazy deep and I really like her front end. Overall great looking heifer in my opinion. Be sure to post a picture when you have that awesome leg hair fitted up!

Mill Iron A

Knabe, extra long hair is desirable to me for more insulation. Montana State did a study and showed that you could cut winter costs by a quarter if you had one more inch of hair. Thats powerful for people living in cooler country.

LLBUX

This heifer is not real big, but I like her pattern so I am planning to keep her around a while.

First couple of calves will be Beltie and then may breed her clubby just for fun.

Anybody want to split a flush to Monopoly or MAB?  ;)  What color would you get then?

I realize these are not your average cattle, but they bring us so much joy to own, and are so easy to sell (to breeders or beef buyers, not the sale barn), that I like to share with other cattlemen.

My plans are to keep the heifer as natural as possible for early shows and then maybe clip her for our state fair.   

(You won't hear people say this very often)  It will take someone far more talented than me to fit her according to her hair potential.  We are in it for the fun and friends we make.   

Mainevent

I got to fit on some belties at Louisville and they are fun cattle to be around super gentle and fun to clip and fit. You can sure make one look clubby in a hurry

LLBUX

Bill was a great cattleman and will be missed greatly in the Beltie breed. 
Is Katie planning to keep the herd going?

I sat right behind them during the show.

Mainevent

Yes he was. I am unsure of the plans for the herd. I haven't spoken with Katie since bills passing. I fit for them at the Agr show in Stillwater and then again in Denver but haven't spoken with them since.

LLBUX

Trimmed a little on her front legs and top today. 

I think I'll just leave the long hair on her rear legs and belly to demonstrate breed character.

Actually we just want to meet new folks, have fun, and share our breed with others.