best Angus bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

hedgesjp1985

Im looking to use an Angus bull on a crossbred cow and I'm hoping for a replacement heifer.  I would be planning on breeding that resulting heifer for club calf production.  Who would be some good ones.  The only ones I've looked at are exar classes, sav brilliance, jsar titan, silveiras GQ, and two Angus crosses limestone trifecta and black lite. 

HAB

hedgesjp1985 said:
Im looking to use an Angus bull on a crossbred cow and I'm hoping for a replacement heifer.  I would be planning on breeding that resulting heifer for club calf production.  Who would be some good ones.  The only ones I've looked at are exar classes, sav brilliance, jsar titan, silveiras GQ, and two Angus crosses limestone trifecta and black lite.

Use Moto Moto, he has no angus blood, but the replacement females will get you to where you are going much quicker.

wjmcattle

Brilliance seems to be a popular choice but I bred a very plain commercial Hereford heifer to trifecta and the result was pretty neat. I'd vouch for either

Bulldaddy

My best Angus sired crossbred cows are out of OCC Legend and OCC Emblazon.  If would be hard to find semen on the these two but other bulls with OCC genetics should produce similar females. 

Gargan

Possum Trot Ranch said:
My best Angus sired crossbred cows are out of OCC Legend and OCC Emblazon.  If would be hard to find semen on the these two but other bulls with OCC genetics should produce similar females.
If you are set on breeding her Angus, I agree this the occ bulls mentioned. I would also throw Bush's unbelievable in the mix! He's a good one also!

ploughshare

A lot of the bulls mentioned are either very expensive and hard to get or the bull carries a lot of birth weight.  I do agree with the BSF Opportunist suggestion and the SAV Brillance can be hit and miss.  I would try really hard to get semen on STYLES CASHED IN S8, but so far I have not seen any on the market.

mainegirl

Gambles Safe Bet has been the best Angus bull we have used. CE and beautiful heifer calves. We had a bull calf this year out of him and his momma is a Thriller heifer. He is better than some of my clubby bred steers. We're also going to use their new bull Intuition. They also have some red angus bulls. Semen is very reasonable. Lydell is very honest and can help you find what you're looking for.

OH Breeder

DSCSD said:
Northern Improvement hands down

(thumbsup) Second that! northern improvment has always worked for us.
I also like OCC Legend and SS Traveler T510 8607. We are not angus people. OCC ANchor for good base for females for clubby calves.
Sample Limestone Jupiter. Liked his calves alot very uniform and musclar. Plenty of power for an angus sire.