Help Support Steer Planet:

MCC

Woody said:
NHR said:
MCC said:
The neighbors feed pile.  (lol)

(thumbsup)  We have a winner!!!
make that two votes for the winner!

Thankyou for your votes and for this prestigious award. I humbly accept it on behalf of all four of my neighbors on each side of me  (lol)  (thumbsup)  <beer>.

OH Breeder

Well, I wouldn't ever relocate from Northwest Ohio. It has some of the best farm ground around. Our farm sits in what use to be a marsh. Most of Northwest Ohio is flat but the soil is extremely fertile. The glaciers dug out the lakes and scraped us flat. They left behind great land. You can find everything from vegetables, fruits to grains. Land prices have skyrocketed but grain is readily available and so is hay. Pasture is tough to find but if you do it is easy to grow. Go south you have lots of hunting go north you have lakes. Lots of natural lakes and stone quarries in our area. But the great lakes provide for larger fresh water game fishing. The summers can get hot and the winters can get cold but in general I love to see the seasons change. We are a fur piece to the north of you but I love my part of the country. (thumbsup)

AAOK

chambero said:
I've had multiple people tell me that the "best" place to be - based on a combination of land price, weather, proximity to feed stuffs, carrying capacity (based on type of grass, precip, etc) is central to eastern Oklahoma.  Our vet in Waurika, OK (not where his family has their cows though - they are much farther east) relocated to OK from NM for that very reason.

Plenty of fishing in that area, not nearly as good of hunting.  OK is much more restrictive on hunting than TX.

A couple more reasons to list Oklahoma first:
You can actually go out into the panhandle and stand in petrified footprints of dinosaurs! And we have more shoreline miles than the Atlantic and Gulf Coast combined.