Best Bull For Cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattle7

I was wanting some opinions on which bull would be best to my Maintainer cow. She is tall. Narrow. doesn't have the best set of back legs on her. Looking to downsize. Add hair. And add some more muscle and width. Would like to be able to produce a good show calf. She calved unassissted this year to an Angus bull. Thanks for any ideas!

Cattle7

Maybe my post made her out to be worse than she is. She is a great mother to her calf this year and was part of our show string 2 years ago where she was Reserve Supreme. Personally, I think she has the potential to raise something great.

Diamond

how is she bred? that would help us make a guess, though a pic would be better.

Bradenh

im going to dissagree here. and that is just because im showing a red steer out of a cow that you would swear is half jersey (shes so ugly). breed her to a smaller framed charolais bull like trubador and he will fix alot of those problems you are having. captian morgan is a good one also

WhoaFlicka

i have a cow just like her used invincable on her last time did everything you want to do sold calf 1500 <beer>

NEB

I had a similar simmy cow that I used Chore Boy on with good results.  Lots of power, think he might do what you want.  I have two Chore Boy calves, one steer and one heifer, both about 900 lbs and look like they will be very competitive.