Best Bull to make females?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Justin69.o

What is the best bull that is reasonable priced for making replacement heifers that will be big bodied, but are defect free?

Gargan

alias and who made who (on good, sound structured cows), dr. who, chopper, northern improvemnt, just to name a few. im sure some more will add to the list and dissagree with my advice.

C

cornish

it all depends on what your goal is..  Expand upon that...

wyatt

chill factor is my favorite 734, wmw, alias once again on the right cows... dr. who, theobald, macho, suh, ali (or sons), i have even seen good sun seeker and heat seeker cows out of 734 cows that were killer with good calves along side  O0

C

cornish

Freddy said:
FRICTION has some great females if mated to moderate to small cows ......have some guts

i have heard many times Friction was the most consistent, and best breeding crossed up bull. 

RyanChandler

Any purebred maternally oriented individual of one of the British breeds - Angus, Shorthorn, or Hereford.    I personally like JSF Top Hand daughters about as good as any females I've seen.  Dunbeacon Ventures another Id suggest- a little later maturing than I'd prefer but real good nonetheless.

I-69cc

Doc sexed heifer semen well worth the extra 25 or 30 over regular semen

furinsilex

My picks are as follows.  Dr. Who is the best in my opinion.  We also use bulls such as Macho. chill factor, Paddy O'Malley (PH carrier), and a variety of other simmental bulls

pa showman

who made who, meyer 734, dr. who, chill factor, and irish whiskey to name the obvious ones

cowsnsows

pa showman said:
who made who, meyer 734, dr. who, chill factor, and irish whiskey to name the obvious ones
I think in the original post he asked for "reasonably priced"...so, 734, IW, WMW, and Chill Factor probably wouldn't make the cut. Gargan, I hope your right on Chopper. Have a Chopper x Draftpick/Meyer bull I'm using this go round with high hopes.

vet tech

If you want club calves use wmw, doctor who, friction, garten 3d, Ali. But I would say doctor who is my favorite

chambero

If Friction hadnt had the fertility problems, I think you'd be hearing about him and his sons as a distant second to the Heat Wave line.  One of my best females is a Friction.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
WE have been using our bull MUDDY WATER ON reg. angus cow and some moderate Charolais cows and the females look great, on blacks half are smokes an other half black ....They are sure built right ,great dispositions and can't weight for some
more to calve next year...

ZNT

CTR Success may be one of the the greatest ones that never went mainstream.  Witchdoctor also worked well for us in the past, and we are very pleased with the Hardcore females in our herd now.

The sires we are currently promoting have both the CTR Success and Hardcore in their pedigrees.  Triple X has already been proving himself as a female producer, and our hopes are that Montego Bay will do the same.

Telos

I think ZNT's Montego Bay might be as good a cow maker as most maternal bulls out there. The economic traits run many generations deep and his mother and grand mother raised growthy fat calves as first calvers with good structured milking udders and calved on their own with moderate birth weights. He is stacked with great cow families and one that you sure could put some faith in, IMO. He is polled, solid black purebred Maine.

mainecattlemother

Beings your from Iowa I would suggest three bulls from Habegers Born Free, Cool Customer, and Road Trip.  THey are all $25.00.  A buddy of ours used Cool Customer on two cows and sold the calves for $9500. and 11000.  We actually were at many shows last summer where these prospect calves were shown and they were undefeated at every show that we witnessed them being shown.  We just bred one of our cows yesterday to Cool Customer.  I also liked a couple of the other suggestions of Chopper, Dr. Who., and Who Made Who.  You may want to look into some of the Simmental bulls as well. 

RyanChandler

Telos said:
I think ZNT's Montego Bay might be as good a cow maker as most maternal bulls out there. The economic traits run many generations deep and his mother and grand mother raised growthy fat calves as first calvers with good structured milking udders and calved on their own with moderate birth weights. He is stacked with great cow families and one that you sure could put some faith in, IMO. He is polled, solid black purebred Maine.
[/quote
Where can I see a pic of his dam?]

Dvrom

chambero said:
If Friction hadnt had the fertility problems, I think you'd be hearing about him and his sons as a distant second to the Heat Wave line.  One of my best females is a Friction.
is there going to be a clone or are there any full brothers of him? and where could you find his semen or would you have to get it out of an auction?