best clubby smokey bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Calf pictures of Troubadour . The first two pictures are Troubadour  calves ....
The third picture is a maternal brother to Muddy Water , an MW is out of the Carnac bull....
Sorry I'm in such a hurry but the SOLID gOLD BULL SURE LOOKS GOOD IN THAT PICTURE, MAYBE NEXT YEAR ...

Attachments

• IMG_4766---9918---.jpg
    IMG_4766---9918---.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4777----9905----9919---.psd.jpg
    IMG_4777----9905----9919---.psd.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Freds Angus_08 ch char bull 0153 copy.jpg
    Freds Angus_08 ch char bull 0153 copy.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 188

chambero

Yellowjacket throws the stoutest, biggest boned calves I've ever been around.  They get big enough to show as heavy weights.  My boy is showing one we raised that is beating some pretty high dollar calves in the north Texas area.  We'll see if he's pretty enough slick to do anything.

If youe wanting something to put on black cows, in my opinion you are better off usinf a purebred Char or close to it.  Yellowjacket works also because hes out of a great Char cow and the purebred Maine lifeline.  Not a bunch of other stuff to confuse things.

We used YJ, Troubador, and George when we bred last week.

gocanes719

Steer4Caddy said:
If anyone saw the Grand Steer at Houston a few years ago (full brother to Solid Gold or clone) you may have noticed he couldn't move very well.  I like Shaake but he used him on the shear freak factor of muscle.  If you consider they did whatever it took to make him move decent then how sound do you think he really was?  Grey Goose has some real issues up front.  I saw him at stud. 
I don't know about some of the others mentioned.  I've got a friend who leased Tinman but I've heard bad things about BW on here. 
I've used White Chocolate and he won't work.  The Alias calves I've seen, at least the ones that aren't crippled up front, seem to be the best.  Probably need to be a little a little neater in their shoulder and neck. 
There was not a thing wrong with the way the calf walked.  I was around him his whole life.

afhm

jbh said:
That Grey Goose bull of Tusa's that was a FULL BROTHER to Addiction looked REAL GOOD in his picture.  I absolutely LOVED ADDICTION....figures he wouldn't FREEZE!  I know Grey Goose froze early and that Friction influence definitely has its place.
He sure turns out pretty bad on the front end though.

afhm

frostback said:
Could someone share the owners name and contact info for the Solid Gold bull.
Brandon Horn owns him look him up on showsteers under Horn Livestock.

There is more than one clone to the steer that won Houston, Lautners is named Houston and the one Horn is promoting is called Solid Gold.  Solid Gold is very impressive in person.

Orange Crush is also very impressive in person, but I haven't seen very many calves out of him.

Steer4Caddy

Orange Crush calves are as bad as any I've seen.  Terrible structure, no guts.  And they may kill your cows as a bonus. 

I don't understand one thing.  Why is everyone so anxious to try these bulls like Solid Gold, etc. when you have no idea what they can produce?  I can understand Alias and such that have done something  but the others that get most of the attention.  It's rediculous.  Like throwing money out the window.

shortdawg

Frostie, I decided to use Northern Improvement on my Shorty/Char that I posted about a while back. 50% Smoke - 50% Blue Roan according to your expertise. Alias would also be a good choice - I've had some pretty good success with him - both steers and heifers. I was told to use him on a sound female - I did and mine have had no structure problems - had black,smoke,and silver out of him.

kfacres

shortdawg said:
Frostie, I decided to use Northern Improvement on my Shorty/Char that I posted about a while back. 50% Smoke - 50% Blue Roan according to your expertise. Alias would also be a good choice - I've had some pretty good success with him - both steers and heifers. I was told to use him on a sound female - I did and mine have had no structure problems - had black,smoke,and silver out of him.

if you take my experience with these 3 breeds and trying to make smokes and blues.... you'll end up with a black calf!!  All I ever got!!

frostback

shortdawg said:

I am still on the fence about what to breed mine to. I want a red calving ease bull but there are not many around. So still looking. If there was a PB Char would concider him as well, but hate having all the different bulls, I like to pick one or two and hope to have some consistency. We have 8 heifers to breed this year and I know 2 are getting the Simi Grand Slam and the short is getting the Sire to the butterscotch 1/2 blood resulting in another butterscotch. The others are the hubbys to decide.
Thanks for the info on Solid Gold, will look him up after awhile when there should be calves by him around. Frostie

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Some one mentioned they were looking for calving ease Charolais bull that would sire some structurally correct calves.  F69- A Fastrack son ,reg. EM737512---    CE--10--BW-2.2----WW-20--YW--31-MILK-17----Moderate  frame , Mother was one soggy made cow an very feminine .she was Mac an AVIGNON bred on the mothers side ...First picture is a bull calf out of F69 (Freds Fast Company F69 ) at the Bernie Hart herd in NE. AND  he owns half of this bull also ...   This bull an his full brother have excellent record on calving ease , an there have been two crop of calves reported ....GOOD SEMEN  available , collected at Voglers in ASHLAND ,NE.   mORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE  ---e-mail or calll    Plenty of offspring to see in this area ...

Attachments

• IMG_4102---F69-SON AT HARTS --08-09-09-.psd.jpg
    IMG_4102---F69-SON AT HARTS --08-09-09-.psd.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4101--F69--HARTS----08-09-09--.psd.jpg
    IMG_4101--F69--HARTS----08-09-09--.psd.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4831---F69---Fast Company F69--  .psd.jpg
    IMG_4831---F69---Fast Company F69-- .psd.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 285

afhm

[quote
Thanks for the info on Solid Gold, will look him up after awhile when there should be calves by him around. Frostie
[/quote]

The Solid Golds could start hitting the ground either this spring or most likely next fall

TJ

WFCC said:
HannaCattle said:
how about  WCC GUNSMOKE? champion chi bull at ft worth and lousivlle

I have also wondered about gunsmoke. He looks powerful and deep sided, and i think his females could be really broody!

Gunsmoke is a very thick butted rascal.  Saw him in the stalls @ Louisville. 

nck21

Steer4Caddy said:
I don't understand one thing.  Why is everyone so anxious to try these bulls like Solid Gold, etc. when you have no idea what they can produce?  I can understand Alias and such that have done something  but the others that get most of the attention.  It's rediculous.  Like throwing money out the window.

I think people are anxious to use him because he has the potential to sire great calves, the proof lies within the Houston Grand steer. That being said, I'll let someone else try him first.

jbw

Lautner has a new smoke bull coming out this year.

I  like the yellow jackets that I have seen.

How are the Chunky Monkey calves?