Best Denver Bulls 2012

Help Support Steer Planet:

titan

I didn't make it out to the stock show this year, i was wondering what everybody thought of the bulls. Who is the favorite. yearling or two year old?

Sambosu

I am interested in knowing thoughts on a bull I believe named "American Idol". Friend works for the family and he told me they took it to Denver. I think it was sired by Ali and a Heatwave Dam

rarebirdz

1077 was my fav out of the shorty bulls lookin forward to waukarus sale maybe I will walk a shorty was let down by the clubby bulls really wanted to touch em

thunderdownunder

rarebirdz said:
1077 was my fav out of the shorty bulls lookin forward to waukarus sale maybe I will walk a shorty was let down by the clubby bulls really wanted to touch em

I always want to touch them and come close, but then wonder whether I may be deported

jaimiediamond

Cut the BS said:
what's the wobble wheeled, cat assed dark roan? 

As per the video description:

Grand champion bull at the 2012 NWSS in Denver, SULL Traveller 9807 ET (by SULL GNCC Asset ET), during general class judging (at left). Other bull is Lakeside Doc Clark 918 (by A&T Captain Obvious 606S).

kfacres

jaimiediamond said:
Cut the BS said:
what's the wobble wheeled, cat assed dark roan?  

As per the video description:

Grand champion bull at the 2012 NWSS in Denver, SULL Traveller 9807 ET (by SULL GNCC Asset ET), during general class judging (at left). Other bull is Lakeside Doc Clark 918 (by A&T Captain Obvious 606S).

really?  Funky rear leg set-- cowy--- but unstable.

rarebirdz

thunderdownunder said:
rarebirdz said:

I always want to touch them and come close, but then wonder whether I may be deported

I feared being shot on site... Ah well lots of good n bad bulls at denver this year the display bulls would have been more exciting if structure was easier to look at

Simmgal

I didn't get to make it out this year either...exam week...

Did anyone see any Simmi bulls that stood out?

WJ Farms

I totally agree with BS they are not the soundest things in the world....

OH Breeder

thunderdownunder said:
My favourite bull of Denver was Waukaru Tier One 1077. He was the most complete sire I saw and also had the numbers to match.
In fact, all of the Waukaru bulls were extremely impressive and I believe they were the most complete group there; honest working bulls that you could trust not to fall apart.

http://www.shorthorncountry.net/image/2011/WaukaruDenver/Waukaru_Denver.pdf

Did this bull sell in Denver or on display?

thunderdownunder

OH Breeder said:
thunderdownunder said:
My favourite bull of Denver was Waukaru Tier One 1077. He was the most complete sire I saw and also had the numbers to match.
In fact, all of the Waukaru bulls were extremely impressive and I believe they were the most complete group there; honest working bulls that you could trust not to fall apart.

http://www.shorthorncountry.net/image/2011/WaukaruDenver/Waukaru_Denver.pdf

Did this bull sell in Denver or on display?

All of these bulls were on display. If they didn't sell in the yards, they will be offered in Waukaru's sale in March. I know for a fact that 1077 won't be in the sale.  <party>

kfacres

thunderdownunder said:
jaimiediamond said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veBVqQlpH58 This Traveler (bright roan) bull looks like he might have been one of the good ones  <beer> Wish I had been there and seen the pens!

Here's a better look at all of the bulls in the Shorthorn championship walking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcmvmvJzdGk&feature=related

most of the soundness issues arising in the showring, stem from the constant slapping on the ass those bulls receive while parading around

scotland

thunderdownunder can u explain your comment? 'honest working bulls that you could trust not to fall apart. "  y ou must have an exceptional talent sure like some of that..