best fitting school

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gargan

My nephew is gonna be interested in attending a fitting school next spring/summer. any opinions on what is the best one to send him to? Closer to the east coast the better.

iowabeef

Probably too far away but Trausches and Sullivans are both outstanding....

justme

If he is a beginner, I'd highly suggest going to Chuck McCullough's fitting clinic.  He is so good with the kids and can really get the kid doing the work.  Check Maine Aim Ranch's website he travels all over the country.

3dfarms

McCullough, Stierwalt and others have fitting DVD's too that can be helpful, they were to me anyway.  Only problem is you are not in front of the animal when you watch them.

Also, the Virginia Club Calf Producers, www.virginiaclubcalfproducers.com, had Kirk Stierwalt do a fitting demonstration last year at their Winter Classic in January.  2012 dates are January 27-29.  Not sure if they will have a demo this year or not, but they did last year.  It was so cold that adhesive cans were in warm water buckets to thaw out.

Anyway, hope that helps!  There are several great fitters along the east coast too that would probably be willing to work with your nephew!  Best of luck!