best heifer bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

what is the best heifer bull to use?? i have a heat wave heifer and a purebred angus that i am going to be breeding soon. what are your opinions. wanting hairy bulls but anything will work.

Dale L

I don't have a lot of experience myself with clubby bulls.  But A guy we have bought a few cattle from AI's all his heifers to Jesse James then turns them out with a Bismarck son for cleanup.  I have a half blood simmi heifer due to Jesse James 3-4-15 but this will be my first calf out of him.  Sorry I couldn't be more help but you should get some better feedback on here from some of the more experienced people.

Cattle Cards

Funny.  I have had two Jesse James calves over the past two years out of first calf heifers.  One out of a big Heat Wave show heifer First pic) and the other out of a PB Angus (second).  They both came out perfectly (72 lb. and 75 lb.).  Vigorous.  Quick to eat, easy doing, hair, gentle with great personalities.  And I think they both look pretty good, too.  Both winners in the show ring as well.  Jesse James will also make great heifers (cows) when done showing.

Attachments

• Winter Weather.jpg
    Winter Weather.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 324
  • BS 01-18-15_1200.jpg
    BS 01-18-15_1200.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 366

HAB

Brunk show cattle said:
what is the best heifer bull to use?? i have a heat wave heifer and a purebred angus that i am going to be breeding soon. what are your opinions. wanting hairy bulls but anything will work.

Moto Moto- 72 BW average.  Calves come easy, will become thick made and stout with hair and bone.  Wait 2 weeks after they are born.  You will say WOW.
Complete outcross.  Daughters will be great cows.

Cham2135

We had our first Comfort Zone bull calf last night. His mom was a monopoly. Calf was up pretty quick moving around. Weighed right around 70 lbs.

Safe to say, I plan to use him again

librarian

I vote for Moto Moto as default heifer bull for show folks.
This is not a Moto daughter, but its a Galloway cross to give you an idea what to expect in terms of hair. It's always like that if Galloway is in the mix and Galloways are notorious for quick born lively calves. They have the right shaped head, I guess.

Attachments

• WP_20141031_039.jpg
    WP_20141031_039.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 275
  • WP_20141021_008.jpg
    WP_20141021_008.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 276

Warrior10

Bred and owned said:
We had our first Comfort Zone bull calf last night. His mom was a monopoly. Calf was up pretty quick moving around. Weighed right around 70 lbs.

Safe to say, I plan to use him again
Gotta pic?

Dale L

Funny.  I have had two Jesse James calves over the past two years out of first calf heifers.  One out of a big Heat Wave show heifer First pic) and the other out of a PB Angus (second).  They both came out perfectly (72 lb. and 75 lb.).  Vigorous.  Quick to eat, easy doing, hair, gentle with great personalities.  And I think they both look pretty good, too.  Both winners in the show ring as well.  Jesse James will also make great heifers (cows) when done showing.

I am kinda hoping for a heifer calf out of him myself.  If it is a bull my oldest daughter will probably show it at next years county fair.

Cattle Cards

hntwhitetail said:
Total Solution?

If you can find him.  Semen is not easy to get.  And I'm not sure about his clone.  With Jesse James you get Total Solution along with 2 shots of Whiplash (thus 2 shots of Meyer) from his maternal side.

NW45

Total solution clone. Calving them out now there nice looking easy calving.