best i've seen in a LONG time

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gators Rule

goin and showin said:
Heard through the grapvine today dont know if its true or not that this calf is for sale !!!!!!!!!!! (clapping)

Telling yall if yall pass this one up your going to get beat by him

goin and showin, you sound as if you know the owner! 

No prob if you do, just sayin... <rock>

shortyjock89

goin and showin said:
Heard through the grapvine today dont know if its true or not that this calf is for sale !!!!!!!!!!! (clapping)

He's a nice calf, but from those pictures, he's just nice. Not great.  His mom is nice too, but there are very, VERY good cows in Texas.

Gators Rule said:
goin and showin said:

goin and showin, you sound as if you know the owner! 

No prob if you do, just sayin... <rock>

I have watched this girl show TIME AND TIME again. I know of her. dont personally know her, but know a friend of a friend of hers and when we talked last week he said he had heard they were thinking of selling him but he didnt know for sure or any details .

and also keep in mind when yall say he's not that great in the Houston pictures he is not even 3 months old & San Antonio pics he is a month and a few weeks ? HE IS GOOD FOR HIS AGE

chambero

Decent calf, but in all honesty if you think he's the best there is in Texas you need to get out more.  I try pretty hard to raise them, get lucky every once in a while with one that will actually do some winning, and way more often get humbled when I think I've got a good one.  For what its worth, it's real hard to raise a steer that will in exotic classes in Texas.

I'm the first to say you can't tell much from a photo, but if he was as good in person as you say he wouldn't still be for sale.  Things are pretty picked over by now except for some young and green ones.  That one ain't green.

There are plenty of folks that are pretty smart on this site.  Be upfront and admit an affiliation of some type with a calf you are trying to promote.  Nothing wrong with doing it and it comes across as much more genuine.

SRnRW

hate to burst your bubble goin and showin YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TAKLING ABOUT but this calf is basically SOLD. she already had him sold in SA, just didnt let the word get around. unless he pans out the way they would like for him to then they will be keeping him. (thats the agreement between them & buyer)

I know the girl and family very well.

and yes this calf with each day is better and better, not gonna go win a major but he'll defiantly compete.

SRnRW

Pics i recieved a few weeks back from not the owner but someone they were sent to.

Attachments

• 1000001760.JPG
    1000001760.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 1000001761.JPG
    1000001761.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 170

OH Breeder

They always seem to have nice calves at the Spring Smack Down.
I am looking at the picture above and looking at this one. The Spring Smack down calf might be a tick better.

Attachments

• Spring Smack.jpg
    Spring Smack.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 167

Gators Rule

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
You like to gossip. 

Here are some calves that aren't even a month old in some of these pictures that would stand a fair enough chance against that calf.
http://www.clubcalves.com/springsmackdown.html

LOVE the calf with the orange ear tag...and the black/white directly underneath!!!  The rest look like sheared lambs with their clip jobs...LOL  I'm not making fun of them.  It's just cute to see them blocked at that age..  :)    Nice calves!

Gators Rule

OH Breeder said:
I am looking at the picture above and looking at this one. The Spring Smack down calf might be a tick better.

Yep.....I will agree!!!

jkayel

Love the gossip here. Hate to say none of yall know what yall are talking about. I own the calf.  (clapping) He isnt sold. But for sale for the right kind of money. I have some recent pictures I will post later on. && i know who no one on this post is or where the pictures they got came from or where they heard all these rumors.

jkayel

PICS

Attachments

• IMG_4518[1].JPG
    IMG_4518[1].JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5347[1].JPG
    IMG_5347[1].JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 206

petejc72

Apparently SRnRW doesn't know this young lady or her family nearly as well as he thought he did!  Priceless!

kfacres

OH Breeder said:

not to bring up an old post-- but is this the polygraph bull??? Sure reminds me of him- or looks like him...  maybe I'm smokin

OH Breeder

sheps & shorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:

not to bring up an old post-- but is this the polygraph bull??? Sure reminds me of him- or looks like him...  maybe I'm smokin

No. ITs a calf from the Spring Smack down sale. If you note the picture says Spring Smack down...it sold in that sale. That picture is directly from the website of the sale calves.

kfacres

OH Breeder said:
sheps & shorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:

not to bring up an old post-- but is this the polygraph bull??? Sure reminds me of him- or looks like him...  maybe I'm smokin

No. ITs a calf from the Spring Smack down sale. If you note the picture says Spring Smack down...it sold in that sale. That picture is directly from the website of the sale calves.

I'm not to up on most of the clubby bulls, and I'm sure that the Polygraph bull has been around awhile... but just b/c it says this calf sold in that sale, doesn't mean it "couldn't" be that bull.. that bull might have sold though a sale at some point or another...

Anyone have a picture of both to compare side by side?  Seems like a weird color pattern that would be hard to duplicate...

ETA: i went and found the picture for myself.. and the white stripe is in totally different spots...  But I knew I remembered a weird looking stripe on there... Must be the belted galoway coming out  ;) O0

Latest posts