Best Memory of 2010

Help Support Steer Planet:

okshowmom

Happy New Year to All! What is everyone best cattle moment of 2010? Mine is the look of our #1 compitors face when my daughter's heifer beat his heifer our County Show!(Nope I'm not a competitive ol' hide) LOL Blessings to all in 2011! 

PaFFA Proud

Mine is finding my first and last market streer for fair! Hopefully 2011 will be a great year showing all my animals since its my last year in Jr. Shows ;D

FutureBreeder2013

I got grand champ at my first county fair. (avatar picture)

Bought my first heifer with premiums from that steers auction. (pics coming when I get a good one of her)

Dozer45

2010 was full of good memories with my cow herd. This year I had my first registered heifer. With her I was finally able to win two awards I have been working very hard for years to win. We were the grand champion breeding showman as well as winners of the premier breeding beef award where we won a belt buckle and a heifer. I also attended the colorado state fair for the first time, the biggest show to date we have compeated it and we are now gearing up for the national western. Hope some of this years luck will follow over.

jphelps

me and my brother got grand and reserve born and bred steer at our county fair, with the money from the sale their i bought my first heifer to start my own herd. also we both got a first place at hooiser beef which we jad never done before. pretty good show year for us and are pretty pumped about our up and coming one.  O0

justintime

my best memory of 2010 was far more grass than the cows could eat, creeks that ran all summer and fall ( and are still running even in this cold winter!) and one of the biggest hay crops in my lifetime. It is not the best hay I have had, but it is probably the most.
Normally this country is pretty dry, but 2010 set some records for rainfall .  There were lots of other things that were good in this year, but this is what I will always remember this year for.

TXSimmy

we have had many good moments this year but two really come to the top......My sons heifer winning her division at Santa Gertrudis Nationals in a EXTREMELY hard line up of gerts it could've been better if she would have been national champion but we'll take the division any day  ;D and my second moment and probably just as good is the same heifer had her calf in october and 7 days later went on to be named Grand Champion Santa Gertrudis. It was a blessed year for us.

shortdawg

My middle son won State Champion Angus Steer at our State Show - then went on to win our County Steer Show - both were his First big wins !

Diamond

I could say this year was special cow wise, because of having grand champion steer res. aob champion, res. cow/calf pair, and  premier exibiter at or reg. show,  or the grand champion steer and suprime heifer at all of our local shows (execpt one where the heifer was res.). Finnaly, winning at my home town fair which I have dreamed of for years. Perhaps the win I had at the big east with my heifer when she stood res. both days under two diff. judges and my b/w steer that made it to the final drive both days. Or when I had a trailer role up to my barn with a get well heifer for me. Maye taking said heifer to the rehab center and the wounderful staff who at midnight spent the extra time to wheel my mother out to see the new addition. All of that was amazing, but the greatest  was the support I got from people I compete agents every year, or sold cattle to who came out to do chores everyday or take animals to their farm after my mother and I where in an auto accident, just out of the kindness of their heart.  Thats something ill never forget and means more to me than any win ever could. When push comes to shove, true cattlemen are there to help :)

Bradenh

winning grand american and 3rd overall with a steer i raised from day one off of his mama. purple pride  <party>

Blue25

I am going to have to say during the Kansas Beef Expo, people walked up to me, complemented me on my heifer and ask what breed she was, and to watch their mouths drop when I said she was red angus and she was out of Mission Statement.

Blue25

Blue25 said:
I am going to have to say during the Kansas Beef Expo, people walked up to me, complemented me on my heifer and ask what breed she was, and to watch their mouths drop when I said she was red angus and she was out of Mission Statement.

And beating all the senior showman in round robin at my county fair

oakview

All the kids and grandkids going to Louisville with us.  A very special 4 days.

outlawcattlecompany

My favorite moment of 2010 was being elected president of the National Jr Santa Gertrudis Association. Also, dominating at the Louisiana State Fair Open Gert show. It was entertaining

rtmcc

I couldn't get it narrowed down to just one.
First, in June our third child, Cora jean, was born, at home.

Second, in July a heifer we bred won her class at the National Junior Angus show in Denver and beet out a big time heifer that had done a lot of winning on the east coast.

Third, in October at the Minnesota Beef Expo. Caroline finally moved up into the next age division for Showmanship so she wouldn't be in the same division as her younger brother.  They both showed at the same time in different rings.  They both mad it out of their heat and got called back.  They were both showing at the same time for the championship in each age division.  (This was a lot of stress for Dad)  Caroline won the intermediate handily.  She was as excited as I when she looked over into the next ring to see her little brother win the junior division that she had dominated for the past few years!  More beer and Mountain Dew expense for Mom and Dad that night!
<cowboy>

Sassy2899

My heifer I showed in 2008 had her first calf which marks the start of my show cattle operation....Katie Lynn Show Cattle.