Best New MATERNAL BULL @ 2011 NWSS

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

To everyone that ventured out to Denver this year, and looked at bulls, other than bulls to produce club calves...

In your opinion who was the best bull there to sire maternal?  Or to put it another way, what bull would sire the best replacement females.

No pictures or videos are necessary.  I can always look that up.  I am interested in opinions.

i.e.  IMO  Last year I really liked the Smmy Crossed bull Trendsetter.

Thanks,

olsun

I have not seen the bull, only the video, and I didn't go to Denver, but from his pedigree I would have to give my vote to Long Time Coming. I hav always liked Friction, and the combination with 734 really turns me on. Can't wait to see his calves.

bs372280

I feel the Mojito bull was an exceptional female maker and possibly a steer maker as well.  He was a larger framed Mr. Clean son that seemed to fit my discription of a cow producer.  First he is th and pha free, secondly he has no heat wave what so ever, and thirdly he has the growth to make bigger club calve producing momma's that you can breed to just about anything.

SEA

SEA said:
To everyone that ventured out to Denver this year, and looked at bulls, other than bulls to produce club calves...

In your opinion who was the best bull there to sire maternal?  Or to put it another way, what bull would sire the best replacement females.

No pictures or videos are necessary.  I can always look that up.  I am interested in opinions.

i.e.  IMO  Last year I really liked the Smmy Crossed bull Trendsetter.

Thanks,

Anyone else see any good maternal bulls in Denver?   ???

How about the National Champion Simmental bull, Excalibur?

nds

I was out in Denver and I agree with that Mojito was the best maternal bull out there.  Being clean bred both ways with some extra grow, he should make some dang good ones.  He's still stout enough and has enough bone to make steers though too.  And he is extremely good haired too.  He will get away from some of those heatwave deals which I think will be better off in the long run for raising females.

vet tech

love that pedigree on Long Time Coming. For a 734 son he sure does have style

cookcattleco

I would have to go with Tabasco. Hus mother is flat out awesome and hasn't missed yet on this mating. His grandmother was a he k of a cow.  She had a steer win a major county fair in Texas. Sadly now though the grandmother is deceased.  (angel)

hangonsloopy

bs372280 said:
I feel the Mojito bull was an exceptional female maker and possibly a steer maker as well.  He was a larger framed Mr. Clean son that seemed to fit my discription of a cow producer.  First he is th and pha free, secondly he has no heat wave what so ever, and thirdly he has the growth to make bigger club calve producing momma's that you can breed to just about anything.

Finally someone mentions that bull.  I really liked him.  He had some grow, look, power, and wasnt so horribly coarse like most of the rest of the clubby little bulls that were there.  That being said I didnt really love his pedigree (to much of everything in it).  I looked at him as a little bit of a "tweener" not really maternal, not really a steer maker.  Phenotypically I really really liked him.  Hope he goes out and works for somebody.

zak

How is that mojito bull bred and who owns him?

BSCattle

Mojito was raised by AC Cattle Co. I'm going to try to post a pic of his ad.  They are on steerplanet, accattleco I believe, I'm sure they would be willing to answer any PM's.

Attachments

• mojito.jpg
    mojito.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 364

SEA

I was told that Trendsetter is a Trademark onto a Vortec x 6807 cow.

firesweepranch

the truth said:
SEA said:
I was told that Trendsetter is a Trademark onto a Vortec x 6807 cow.

Ya me 2..  last time I checked 6807 was not a Red Angus, as the person eluded to in their post.  
Here is his papers straight from the Simmental web site, which states his maternal grandmother is a Reg Angus:

ASA #: 2482125
TWCC TRENDSETTER T71
Tattoo: T71
Both Ears
Black Single Birth Bull 1/2 SM 1/4 AN 1/4 SS
Owner: 271507 - TOLLE SHOW CATTLE Birth Date: 2007-05-15
Breeder: 193300 - WAUGH, TODD Original Issue: 2009-06-12
Spring 2011 EPDs
CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD -0.1 28.4 46.0 4.3 18.6 -10.5 0.05 0.22 0.04 0.02 100.6 59.5
ACC 0.30 0.25 0.25 0.21 0.22 0.22 0.13 0.12 0.12 0.12
- Pedigree +
                                      WLE POWER STROKE 1812644 P
                         GWS EBONYS TRADEMARK 6N 2231696 P
                                      NJC EBONY ANTOINETTE 1862336 P
 TWCC TRENDSETTER T71 2482125 P
                                     JM VORTEC ET 9652396
                         JM 3956 2369110 P
                                     956 REG ANGUS 9652390

Till-Hill

Yep, as I stated first time. Simmy by a shorty x red angus cow. Go to Genex site and click added attractions.......or look in the book

firesweepranch

Till-Hill said:
Yep, as I stated first time. Simmy by a shorty x red angus cow. Go to Genex site and click added attractions.......or look in the book
What I find interesting is that he has NO progeny registered on record... why? I thought I had seen some babies at shows, but I must be wrong.

Dylan CVC

Ima have to go with a chi×herf thay was there name dr. Fill good I believe, don't really remenber but he was a mature bull that was ruged sound , great bodied, some style, good lines just an over all nice bull that I don't see why every one is not using him.

Till-Hill

Firesweepranch that is interesting. I mean he was born in 07 calves born in 09 and it's 2011 now. Granted he got sold his 2 year old year and Genex just picked him up this year but Brad Johnson and the crew must of thought he was good enought to put in the book.....I got a shorty heifer with alot of frame bred to Big Sky red angus bull and after seeing that pic of Trendsetter if I get a heifer calf I am thinking Trademark is on my short list to use.