Best New MATERNAL BULL @ 2011 NWSS

Help Support Steer Planet:

Till-Hill

jalebe said:
I believe a couple of you need to read closer. Reg angus in his pedigree is Registered Angus not red Angus.
I got the 2011 book in front of me, the added attraction page and also looked him up on the Simmental Association! It is RED ANGUS!!!!!!!!!!

inthebarnagain

SEA said:
I was told that Trendsetter is a Trademark onto a Vortec x 6807 cow.

That is the correct pedigree.  Just saw him in his working clothes the other day.  Doesn't look a whole lot different from when he was in the show ring.  Little bigger it seems is all.  But they always look bigger when they are out of the show barn. 

inthebarnagain

firesweepranch said:
the truth said:
SEA said:
I was told that Trendsetter is a Trademark onto a Vortec x 6807 cow.

Ya me 2..  last time I checked 6807 was not a Red Angus, as the person eluded to in their post. 
Here is his papers straight from the Simmental web site, which states his maternal grandmother is a Red Angus:

ASA #: 2482125
TWCC TRENDSETTER T71
Tattoo: T71
Both Ears
Black Single Birth Bull 1/2 SM 1/4 AN 1/4 SS
Owner: 271507 - TOLLE SHOW CATTLE Birth Date: 2007-05-15
Breeder: 193300 - WAUGH, TODD Original Issue: 2009-06-12
Spring 2011 EPDs
CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD -0.1 28.4 46.0 4.3 18.6 -10.5 0.05 0.22 0.04 0.02 100.6 59.5
ACC 0.30 0.25 0.25 0.21 0.22 0.22 0.13 0.12 0.12 0.12
- Pedigree +
                                       WLE POWER STROKE 1812644 P
                          GWS EBONYS TRADEMARK 6N 2231696 P
                                       NJC EBONY ANTOINETTE 1862336 P
  TWCC TRENDSETTER T71 2482125 P
                                      JM VORTEC ET 9652396
                          JM 3956 2369110 P
                                      956 REG ANGUS 9652390

It says REG angus not RED.  As in registered angus.  Maternal grandmother is a 6807 daughter who is a black angus.

accattleco

If you didn't get to see him at Denver or need another look, STLR Mojito will be on display at the Iowa Beef Expo this month.
Thanks to all of you who stopped by the display in Denver and thanks for all the positive comments and semen interest.
Anyone looking for more information on STLR Mojito can contact Cam at 402.649.3935, Steve McHale at 304.667.1962, or Dean Staley at 712.269.9277.

AC Cattle Company

Truthful 101

I agree I think I see REG Angus too.  This is funny all someone had to do is run a search on the #.  I haven't myself but would have to say 6807 sounds far more likely than Cherokee Canyon.  :)

Till-Hill

Guyers site does say 6807. Genex tho list him as short x RED angus cow. But also say he is homo black which would be impossible. Paper work errors may just hurt his sales in the long run. I asked Genex on facebook to get to the bottom of it and so far no reply.......

firesweepranch

Till-Hill said:
Guyers site does say 6807. Genex tho list him as short x RED angus cow. But also say he is homo black which would be impossible. Paper work errors may just hurt his sales in the long run. I asked Genex on facebook to get to the bottom of it and so far no reply.......
I am not sure if it helps, but the Simmental web site lists the owner of the Reg Angus as Joesph Metzger and her birth date is 3/2000. It will be interesting to see where the error is, but my thinking is the Simmental web site is correct (and she is a Black Angus, not Red). Abbreviation on the website is AN for Angus and RA for Red Angus, and his states AN.

Till-Hill

To bad nobody at Genex proof read his pedigree. I thought it was funny to that had no pedigree on the cow. I still think I will use him on some % cows to make some females tho.

SEA

Till-Hill said:
To bad nobody at Genex proof read his pedigree. I thought it was funny to that had no pedigree on the cow. I still think I will use him on some % cows to make some females tho.

I'm the one that started this post simply looking for opinions on new maternal bulls at the 2011 NWSS.  I mentioned the bull Trendsetter as a bull from the 2010 NWSS that I liked.  Not sure how we got off on the color of the bulls granddam.

I can tell you a couple things.  I have spoken directly to both Dave Guyer and Brent Tolle (both owners), "in depth" concerning the Trendsetter bull.  They told me that the bull is Homo Black and Homo Polled.  Brent also told me that the dam of Trendsetter was out of Vortec x 6807 Angus cow, and that he tried to purchase the dam of Trendsetter.  I do not believe Trendsetter could be Homo Black, born out of a cow sired by a red shorthorn bull (Vortec) and a Red Angus.  Also, I have heard many "GOOD" things regarding this new sire from more than I good cattleman that have seen him and his dam.  I am flushing a cow to him in about a week.

Because of your continued posts concerning the color of his grand dam, I just got off the CRi website and could not find the bull on their site.  Also, I have the "new 2011 Beef Genetic Management Guide" from Genex Cooperative, Inc. in front of me and I can not locate him in it either.  Maybe you have a different book?  Now, I do know that Genex is going to handle the Trendsetter bull as I have recently spoken to my sales rep. about him.  However, I purchased my semen from Top Sires.  I can also tell you that Brent Tolle and Dave Guyer have not had him very long.  Brent Tolle told me that his first calves out of him will be coming soon in late winter/early spring of 2011.

Also, I am afraid that your post containing the pedigree of Trendsetter from the Simmental web site does not give any credence or validation to your affirmation that the grand dam of Trendsetter is a Red Angus cow...956 REG ANGUS 9652390 only denotes that the cow is a registered Angus.  REG not RED.  REG is an abbreviation for the word registered.

Also, TWCC Tendsetter was born o 05/15/07.  He was a May baby.  I doubt he got used much in the spring of 2008 and I don't think he was promoted much until he was shown in the fall of 2009 and started doing all the winning, and then was syndicated.

Brent told me that they had not sold allot of semen on him last spring but, thought sales would pickup after cattleman could see the Trendsetter calves on the ground this spring.  He also told me that of all the bulls he has owned and been associated with that this is the "BEST" bull he has ever seen, and is super high on him.  And this is not an advertisement for this bull, I have no financial stake here.  I just research the bulls I flush to.

Hope this helps.  (thumbsup)

CAB

There has been sexed semen available on Trendsetter. I have friends that bred some cows sexed female.

SEA

CAB said:
There has been sexed semen available on Trendsetter. I have friends that bred some cows sexed female.

CAB:  Please let me know where I can purchase some sexed female semen on Trendsetter.  I maight still be interested in a couple 5ml straws for a later flush to a different cow.  I tried to find some last month and could not get any.  Tolle is not selling any.  Maybe from another owner?? ???  Maybe you could PM me.

Thanks

Till-Hill

Trendsetter is listed under club calf bulls on website under added attractions where is has the RED angus part I was confused about and he  is on one of the back pages 76 or 77? of the directory. But only lists Vortec there. I was just looking for the correct answer. 

Quote from Brad Johnson @ Genex
Brad Johnson Trendsetter's dam is a Vortec (Shorthorn) x Reg (as in registered) Angus. I believe it was once incorrectly listed somewhere as a Red Angus rather than Reg. Angus as it was intended.

SEA

Till-Hill said:
Trendsetter is listed under club calf bulls on website under added attractions where is has the RED angus part I was confused about and he  is on one of the back pages 76 or 77? of the directory. But only lists Vortec there. I was just looking for the correct answer. 

Quote from Brad Johnson @ Genex
Brad Johnson Trendsetter's dam is a Vortec (Shorthorn) x Reg (as in registered) Angus. I believe it was once incorrectly listed somewhere as a Red Angus rather than Reg. Angus as it was intended.
Till-Hill

Thanks, I had never been on that "added attractions site" before.  I thought it was just other Genex products or programs.  I did not realize that it had more Beef Sires. Thanks again.

I have also found many typo's and mistakes in many Sire Directories. 

SEA

CAB said:
Through the owners.
CAB:  I asked Bent Tolle specifically requesting purchasing sexed female semen on Trendsetter and he told me that they were not putting any up.  Only regular semen at this time.  That is why I asked about who owned him before the syndicate?  Maybe his former owners put some up and Brent is not saying.

Till-Hill

SEA added attractions anyone can put their bull in it and have Genex market it for you as long as he gets collected at a approved Genex facility. Where all the clubby bulls get listed.  Genex fixed the mistake on their site I see too today so I'm glad the confusion is fixed.

CAB

I know that there was some sexed put up early. They may be out, but I have a friend that used some sexed. I think that he got his through Guyer.

SEA

CAB said:
I know that there was some sexed put up early. They may be out, but I have a friend that used some sexed. I think that he got his through Guyer.

Hey CAB!!

Does your friend have any of that sexed, female semen left he/she may want to sell?

CAB

SEA said:
CAB said:

Hey CAB!!

Does your friend have any of that sexed, female semen left he/she may want to sell?

I'll ask him the next time that I talk to him.

SEA

CAB said:
SEA said:
CAB said:

Hey CAB!!

I'll ask him the next time that I talk to him.

OK!  Thanks!