Best padding for cement floors

Help Support Steer Planet:

WBar Farms

Alright so my cooler room has cement floors whats the best stuff to use for your steers to lay on?  I use shavings but theyre a pain if my steer craps and im not there thne he getsw it all over in the shaving and then a week later I have to clean them out.  Any tricks or other ideas Ive thought about putting fake turf over the shavings then he lays on that and then every night take it out and wash it off maybe that would work anyone try that?

CPcattle

Around here we use some stuff called cedar fiber but its really hard to find, so lately we've been usin just regular cedar mulch and dont go through near as much as we did when we used pine shavings.

WBar Farms

Yeah yeah cedar fiber thats expensive stuff but cedar multch might work is getting the crap out of it hard?

CPcattle

Cedar fiber is kinda of like a sawdust but we always put a few bags of it in a big trash barrel and then fill it with water, but you have to let the water drain out so we just poked holes in the barrel towards the bottom, you just really have to make sure you soak it down really really good cause it dries up and the fans blow it around.
And no crap really isnt that hard to clean up out of the cedar mulch.

doublestuff

I like the pellets that turn into a fine dust when wet down. They pack well make a nice pad and are easy to clean and LAST a long time.