best place to buy high dollar claves

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

..........and i should add that i would highly recommend paying him a visit........ He's sure been good to me and my kids ........ can also fit one as good as anybody in the business ! Two State Champs in breed .....three different Breed Champions .......and an Overall State Reserve Champion in the last 3 years !!!

MASE

Another "Club Calf Breeder" you might want to check out is Schultz Farms Show Cattle of Cairo, Nebraska. They have joined with Schultz Show Cattle, Goertzen Show Calves and Mason Show Calves to offer good, honest, Nebraska raised show calves! 
Calves that these breeders raised and sold, and were winners at the following major shows in 2010 are...Grand Champion Steer at the Ohio State Fair,  Champion Market Heifer and 3rd Overall Market Animal at the Iowa Beef Expo,  and the Champion Chianina Steer and 4th Overall Market Animal at the Iowa State Fair. 
They are offering flush mates to these past champions in this years sale!
These calves aren't neccesarily "high dollar calves", but,  affordable calves that win, so, it might be worth your time to check them out!

mattthecat

There are more great ones in Iowa then probably anywhere year in and year out. The class that had the Grnd Champ at Iowa this year had over $4000,000 in 10 head and one was home raised...... from what I understood they were all Iowa raised cattle. Wade Rodgers, Chad Holtkamp, Jeff Boddicker.Groestkea.........

mattthecat

The best steer we ever had was a $1200 calf that did well all over and ended up 2nd in his class at Louisville that year. He beat several calves in that 20- 40000 range. Manage them and hire the things done you can't do right.
No one has said Ryan rash!?!?! If i had about 40k this guy would be the first one that I called, I know he doesn't raise cattle or play by the rules but he wins, I would send him a check to get the calf, keep it at his house, fit it at the show,  and get in the picture afterwards, I would however decide not to let him dress me before I show because that's personal preference,...... if you have high $ call him! The guy wins

Disclaimer: I don't condone cheating but I would be nice to have one from him as opposed to Americans out of ny pasture..... but I'm not in the market for a high dollar calf so who am I kidding?
[/quote]

I agree with u.

This is where most people go wrong, they wanna throw money at the situation. If you are going to spend 40k, u need to have the right person buying for you. Or you need to know what your doing. Chances are if ur asking where to buy one, ur probably in over ur head. People with lots of knowledge try to win for years, like Bill Cody, i saw him take unlimited funds for 3 years, and put that kid around the lap several times, (thats not making sale if ur not familiar with texas). The second part of the process is getting that calf fed out. Ive seen 40000 dollar ones put on the truck, and ive seen 1500 dollar ones win majors. So my advice to win, if u dont know what ur doing hire somebody who does, and even theyll screw u sometimes.

P.S. dont price shop, if the jock knows thats what ur doing, he'll overprice his average cattle. The reason Ryan Rash would be a safe bet: he doesnt raise them, he, therefore is not trying to pull one over on u; he loves to win and has done a lot of it; his methods arent exactly upstanding, but if ur around this business long enough, u'll realize, lots of people cheat, they just dont flaunt it.
[/quote]

justme

I'm not saying were the best or sell for the highest dollar, but by the end of next week, I'll have one of the nicest set of Driver heifers availible that I've ever seen at probably the best prices that you'll find them this year!