BEST RED SIMMENTAL BULL ON THE PLANET

Help Support Steer Planet:

ablizzard01

He will be on display next weekend in Denver stop by and talk to Don or Greg.

kfacres

is this the world planet, or steerplanet? 

I've never seen many good red sim bulls on SP.. guess it might not take much to be number 1.

Is red coming back?

preview of pedigree?

I'll be waiting... <cowboy> <alien>

OH Breeder

For those of us who won't be stopping by in Denver....care to share a picture? Are you going to allow the cattle.com people to shoot him video?

Simmgal

:)))

And "Best Red Bull on the Planet" as in stellar EPD's and consistently producing show winning calves that excel in the real world too?

vcsf

Chandler said:
OH Breeder said:
Chandler said:

Nichols Legacy? 
Black bull?

Yes, hetero. Almost all the reds go back to him tho.  I was thinking of Beef Maker. Knew there was some G151 there.

Chandler, you need to get your facts correct before you post something.  Nichols Legacy G151 is most definitely homozygous black as well as homozygous polled.  It is true that many red Simmental cattle trace back to him but it is largely through his heterozygous black sons such as Dream On and Shear Force.  It is also a stretch to say that almost all red Simmentals go back to him as there are a number of popular lines that do not have him in the pedigree.

ablizzard01

There will be a video on him tomorrow. If you can't get to Denver let me know. There will be a special on semen on this bull during stock show. If you can't make it let me know this bull will be a legend.

Freerider

I thought this was the best red simmi ever...lol

Is this a guaranteed best bull ever?

Attachments

• FGN171T.jpg
    FGN171T.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,227

RyanChandler

vcsf said:
Chandler said:
OH Breeder said:
Chandler said:

Nichols Legacy? 
Black bull?

Yes, hetero. Almost all the reds go back to him tho.  I was thinking of Beef Maker. Knew there was some G151 there.

Chandler, you need to get your facts correct before you post something.  Nichols Legacy G151 is most definitely homozygous black as well as homozygous polled.  It is true that many red Simmental cattle trace back to him but it is largely through his heterozygous black sons such as Dream On and Shear Force.  It is also a stretch to say that almost all red Simmentals go back to him as there are a number of popular lines that do not have him in the pedigree.
I stand corrected. What % of red pbs do not trace to 151? approx?

kfacres

ablizzard01 said:
There will be a video on him tomorrow. If you can't get to Denver let me know. There will be a special on semen on this bull during stock show. If you can't make it let me know this bull will be a legend.

Is that a guarantee?  Legends must freeze semen first- then grow to be yearlings...

LN

ablizzard01 said:

I must say you're pretty bold making statements like this. I'll be in Denver Friday-Monday so I may have to stop by and see this "best red simmental bull on the planet".

vcsf

Chandler said:
vcsf said:
Chandler said:
OH Breeder said:
Chandler said:

Nichols Legacy? 
Black bull?

I stand corrected. What % of red pbs do not trace to 151? approx?

You are asking a question that I can not honestly answer with any degree of accuracy.  However, I have two semen catalogs in front of me that probably have as many red factor (non fleckvieh) Simmental bulls listed as any catalogs out there.  One of these is a 2012 catalog with ten red purebred Simmental bulls listed only one of which has Nichols Legacy in his pedigree the other catalog is from 2011 and has seventeen red bulls with only three going back to Legacy.  From that alone I think it is safe to say that Legacy is not in the pedigree of almost all red Simmentals.

SEA

ablizzard01 said:
He will be on display next weekend in Denver stop by and talk to Don or Greg.

So, what is his name?  How can we find him at the NWSS?

Perhaps one of Jason's 3 roving reporters can talk to Don (?) or Greg (?), and give us a report!

vcsf

show12win said:
  The best is truely a bold statement,we have a pretty good one though,check out our sale page.Rival will catch your eye. Unfortunatly I do not know how to put a picture on here.  www.highcountrycattle.com

I would suggest that Rival is better than pretty good.  I really thought that he was going to be and should have been Reserve Grand at Agribition.  I hope you don't mind me adding his picture here.

Attachments

• RJY_Rival_13Y_md.jpg
    RJY_Rival_13Y_md.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 195