Best shorthorn bull of all time

Help Support Steer Planet:

Judge

What's the best shorthorn bull of all time for making momma cows, easy fleshing, deep sided and have that great head in them

beebe

There are a lot of good answers but Weston Dynamo came to mind when I read your criteria.

Okotoks

beebe said:
There are a lot of good answers but Weston Dynamo came to mind when I read your criteria.
That's a good question. I'm still trying to decide which bull I would pick! Dynamo was great breeding bull. One of his modern day daughters is Little Cedar Weston Mary the dam of Little Cedar Cabrera.

Attachments

• WestonDynamoX-b.jpg
    WestonDynamoX-b.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 396
  • Weston Dynamo 2.jpg
    Weston Dynamo 2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,726
  • Little-Cedar-Weston-Mary-7-08.jpg
    Little-Cedar-Weston-Mary-7-08.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 279
  • LC-Cabrera-2014-NW-Res-GC-Bull-2.jpg
    LC-Cabrera-2014-NW-Res-GC-Bull-2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 327

oakview

I don't think you can find many pedigrees without Deerpark Leader 13th (Dividend) in them, at least in the states.  He has been very, very influential for 40 years.  I was told by someone who should know that there is a herd up North with about 200 Bonanza daughters that are quite a sight. 

RyanChandler

Show stopper 95 said:
Sizzler14 said:
this one might cause a stir, but i'd say Double Stuff
And trump  <beer> <beer> (pop) (argue)

Lol, the criteria was easy fleshing, deep sided and have that great head not hard doing, flat sided, with an ant eater head.

Jokes aside,  I've seen more cows that I've liked (and met this criteria) either out of Jpj or a son of his than I have out of any other.  The prepotency of that line places them way on up there in my book. 

Jive Turkey

Sizzler14 said:

Obviously you aren't very old.  He's responsible for effed up genetic traits than almost any bull in recent memory.

sue

Weston Dynamo would have to leave better udders for me to consider him

Attachments

• LittleMary_8-3 002 (640x480).jpg
    LittleMary_8-3 002 (640x480).jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 417

sizzler14

Jive Turkey said:
Sizzler14 said:

Obviously you aren't very old.  He's responsible for effed up genetic traits than almost any bull in recent memory.
And you're obviously the only one who didn't realize I was being sarcastic. Secondly, as far as the effed up traits, did he really start them all or is he the one who gets the most blame. Did not realize that Double Stuff was found so much in purebred maine bulls with PHA sicne thats one of the effed up genetic traits "he's responsible for". I forgot Irish Whiskey was a direct calf of Double Stuff. hmm!!

J

JTM

There are a lot of bulls that could be given the title of the best bull of their time, but I would venture to say that the Shorthorn breed currently has the best bulls in the history of the breed running pastures right now. Many could find themselves at the top depending on certain traits.